Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Well what’s the membership fee? $25? Or $40 I don’t remember year to year. It’s worth the discount alone. Think it’s 40% off msrp which one knife purchase can pay for the membership and you have a nice bit of change left over. Buy 4 or 5 a year and well there you go.

Well what’s the membership fee? $25? Or $40 I don’t remember year to year. It’s worth the discount alone. Think it’s 40% off msrp which one knife purchase can pay for the membership and you have a nice bit of change left over. Buy 4 or 5 a year and well there you go.
I was charged $20 on an auto-renew in August. It used to be $10 a couple years ago. Can't complain about either one.

Ok the 25 or 40 must be another site i pay on. Think 25 is here and i belong to a military surplus site (Milsurps) that’s 40 so mystery solved.
Probably gotta let Milsurps go as i seem to never go there anymore. Really just becomes a support the site even though i don’t participate anymore. I would do that here too if I wasn’t on much as i believe in this forum most definitely!

Hi folks! I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask this question: why is the Buck 120 called "General"? Does the name allude to a general purpose knife?
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have always though it has to do with the size, the 120 being larger than than the rest of the line. The General outranks almost everyone, is the mindset.

I have always though it has to do with the size, the 120 being larger than than the rest of the line. The General outranks almost everyone, is the mindset.

This was discussed somewhere in this forum years ago, a Buck representative responded the best guess is the General is so called as it is a "General use knife". Even the Buck representative doesn't know exactly why the knife is called The General. That information is lost to history.

That is what I remember from the discussion.

Has Buck stopped sending out the Buck Collector Newsletter? I have been a life member for many many years in fact I think the charge was $50 when I joined.
Thanks
Dennis aka nifman

Bought my first Buck knife at the age of 14. Now 65. Times sure do fly away!!
John 🏁

When i bought it in around 73 and my 79 and any time there after until maybe in the last 10-15 years i had no idea about how to date my knife. When i discovered how i immediately started searching for my old 79 110 Hunter. I had used it on my belt until my company banned knives or any weapons at work. So we went with the pocket clip knives they looked the other way on and i lost track of where i put the old hunter. I eventually found it buried in the bottom of my multi drawer tool box in my hot humid Florida garage. It cleaned up very well as is my most cherished knife.

Oh ok so talked you into joining BCCI?
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
Just reading through pages of this thread made me think it's a good idea.
Not only am I buying a lot of knives (which I never intended to) but I'm really going to enjoy reading the history of the models over the years.
You guys put a tremendous amount of work into that club.

While I think of it, Buck has a long history to be proud of.
There's not too many family owned businesses that managed to do what they have.
Martin Guitars comes to mind, I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Willie G. was the last major Davidson player, it looks like he has some cousins in supporting roles:
doing museum stuff and motor clothes.
I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a Harley there in a major role in quite some time - maybe 1970s?

Ford I totally forgot about - my last name, too!
Good old Granda Edsel (just kidding).

Back