Busse Folder Proto Pic? . . . . Okay. . . .

Different how? Got any more pics?

The problem is that most of the protos are slightly different from what we'll probably end up with and wildly different from each other.

Couple this with the fact that we have at least 4 different sizes that we have been working on and I would not want to show a design that may never come out.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Looks like some knurled areas on the lock button for pushing or pulling. A crossbar/sharklock hybrid could be something unbreakable. Hey Jerry if you are steering away from omega springs, I dont know if its possible but I think it'd be pretty slick to have a folding knife that uses an ar15 detent spring or a couple of extractor springs to work the knife lock. So in a way you might always have some spare springs on you for your battle rifle if a worse case scenario were to unfold. From what I've witnessed the folder community is also kinda like the gun community in that the name of the game these days is ambi everything. I'm not left handed but my dad is and thats who I'd be buying a Busse folder for first. Looking forward to the future folder!
Hey how about that?
The Busse Future Folder.
Everyone needs a BFF.
Thanks for keeping it fun Jerry!

Unfortunately, I don't know what a Severtech is.

I will look it up.

I just did, and no, I've never carried one but it's a cool looking knife.

I like button locks but ours is a different type of lock.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

I wonder if someone got a glimpse of your proto with the pumpkin G-10 handles & CBT blade...which Blade Show was that? 2014? šŸ¤” & mistook it for a Severtech. šŸ˜‰

Here's a pic of it in my hand, on my desk, from 2 minutes ago!

It's real!!!! . . . It's Alive!!!!
ā€¦most of the protos are slightly different from what we'll probably end up with and wildly different from each other.

So ā€œHereā€™s a pic of itā€¦ā€ Is the photo image actually definitive in some way? How many protos are you still considering?

And I want a tip down option please.
disgusted-paris-hilton-c77y09ddd95cb5jd.gif

I'd take textured plastic scales if it brought the weight down under 4 ounces on a 3" hollow ground pocket knife.

OMG I lost my Chris Reeves Unumzaan and it made me really sad, so I started carrying my Emerson Tiger, the liner lock on that failed and I got a nasty little cut on my finger, shelved my Emerson and just carried my handy little Busse Park Ranger, its been my go to carry knife ever since. I'd love to see this Busse folder though.

OMG I lost my Chris Reeves Unumzaan and it made me really sad, so I started carrying my Emerson Tiger, the liner lock on that failed and I got a nasty little cut on my finger, shelved my Emerson and just carried my handy little Busse Park Ranger, its been my go to carry knife ever since. I'd love to see this Busse folder though.
Your liner lock failed on an Emerson? šŸ˜Æ
(As I eye my edc KACK suspiciously...lol)

Well now I think it was my fault but I stabbed in to a plastic lid to cut it open, I probably shouldn't have done that with it.

If just doing that caused your knife to fold up, you need a stronger locking system I would think. :oops:

A well done liner lock works just fine. I once had to cut through double sheetrock to make a hole and all, I had was my BM AFCK liner lock. It did the job well and no issues with the lock, because it was done right. The problem with liner locks is that you can partially engage them. I've done that. Frame locks are possibly the best lock out there if you are holding your knife when using it.

Iā€™d be willing to wager, this folder will be the polar opposite of everything you listed. Think more Carrillo or Medford.

Thats why I am throwing it out there, haha. Chunky pocket pry bars are cool but wont make it into rotation for an edc blade.

Jerry mentioned they have 4 prototypes - maybe there's a folding swamp warden in there!

Back