"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Have a peaceful Sunday folks!
My 7-year-old grandson had me revisiting my yo-yo youth. Somewhere along the line, I picked up this high-performance yo-yo and was sleeping, walking the dog, going over the falls and around the world like I was 7 again!
Edited to add: when I was 7 I would have given up my favorite toy for that little Boker!
kZhMtd9.jpg

cE5TUNU.jpg

Last edited:
Have a peaceful Sunday folks!
My 7-year-old grandson had me revisiting my yo-yo youth. Somewhere along the line, I picked up this high-performance yo-yo and was sleeping, walking the dog, going over the falls and around the world like I was 7 again!
Edited to add: when I was 7 I would have given up my favorite toy for that little Boker!
kZhMtd9.jpg

cE5TUNU.jpg
Now I need to get a yo-yo, a top, and maybe some marbles! Way better than video games....

Hello everyone I've been away for a bit I've had some health problems in and out of the hospital. I am home now and doing pretty good so maybe things will be okay for awhile but that's more up to God than me. Anyway I'm back for now and that's good I do enjoy the threads on BF and you are absolutely the very best internet group I've ever participated in. Just hanging out on the Porch and talking with Lots of old and new friends. Anyway since this is a knife forum here's a few of my favorite pictures. [I no longer have the Case of Case's.].

After I joined here I and culled a few clunkers this was my traditional collection.
93zIir1[2].jpg

A case of Case Knives
dJ5BACs[1].jpg

My glennbad glennbad stag [left side] Case Trapper, Case Stockman.
Buck 110, Colonial Barlow, Case Sodbuster, Schrade Senator in Mammoth [right side] #15 GEC Boy's Knife, modified Camillus TL-29 he removed the screwdriver blade and turned it into a one blade linerlock with an easy open notch and a lanyard hole, Thanks again Glenn
RNREpSw[1].jpg

Hello everyone I've been away for a bit I've had some health problems in and out of the hospital. I am home now and doing pretty good so maybe things will be okay for awhile but that's more up to God than me. Anyway I'm back for now and that's good I do enjoy the threads on BF and you are absolutely the very best internet group I've ever participated in. Just hanging out on the Porch and talking with Lots of old and new friends. Anyway since this is a knife forum here's a few of my favorite pictures. [I no longer have the Case of Case's.].

After I joined here I and culled a few clunkers this was my traditional collection.
View attachment 2551916

A case of Case Knives
View attachment 2551917

Buck 110, Colonial Barlow, Case Sodbuster, Schrade Senator in Mammoth [right side] #15 GEC Boy's Knife, modified Camillus TL-29 he removed the screwdriver blade and turned it into a one blade linerlock with an easy open notch and a lanyard hole, Thanks again Glenn
View attachment 2551918
Hi Randy! Glad you're doing better. Great taste in knives!

Last edited:

View attachment 2551916

A case of Case Knives
View attachment 2551917

View attachment 2551918
It's good to see you, Randy! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Those are some nice-looking stag handles!

Getting ready to start the prep for a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. I went to the grocery store this morning to buy some beef broth and lime jello. Jello? I've never made jello in my life and don't eat it. I may not eat this, but for 79 cents a box, better to have it and not want it, than want it and not have it. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to this that I left the house without a pocket knife 😲 I obviously won't be carrying one tomorrow either 🫤

On the good side, there's nothing like a good fast and cleanse to perk a person right up🙃

Last edited:

View attachment 2551916

A case of Case Knives
View attachment 2551917

View attachment 2551918
Randy, it’s good to see that you’re back in the saddle again! We’ve missed seeing your beautiful knives and hearing from you!

We had a get-together at our son's place in Southern Ohio this week. Both their married daughters, and their husbands were there too, so the house was pretty crowded. They put us up in this cabin at Salt Fork State Park, which is only about 3 or 4 miles away. The place was well appointed, and maintained. It had a, queen size bed, a bunk room, walk-in shower, a kitchen fully stocked with cooking & eating utensils, a gas fireplace, and a hot tub with large windows in the room facing the lake. It was also pet friendly, so our black lab got to stay with us, instead of being spoiled rotten back at the house.

It's great to be back home again though. The Buck 112 & Alox Pioneer went along for the trip. The Buck had a vacation too, because it only got used for opening packages & minor stuff.

Back