Clips for pocket sheaths? Mummert, Ulti clip, etc

I've received some clips and I'm doing some testing, but it strikes me that outside of the mummert clips on a few photos of pocket sheaths... that I've never really seen them worn.

I'm curious how you wear the clipped sheaths that are obviously too big for your pocket. Like that big one on the bottom for instance?

Edit: scratch that request ferider ferider , Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery hooked me up with some pics of his work ;) Thanks Coleman!

For the big knives I wear a type of Wranglers that have a deep tool pocket, up to 7" blade is OK. Convenient enough that I forget the knife, even on long car drives.

i-GnvcZrB-X2.jpg

i-njKLQPC-X2.jpg

For normal jeans, up to 6" works ... like they told me in Japan: RolandSan not normal size :)

But I do prefer smaller knives then. This is a DEK:

i-3GGxzVN-X2.jpg

Very interested to what conclusions you come after your experiments. Always had a soft spot for sheath makers.

Last edited:
For the big knives I wear a type of Wranglers that have a deep tool pocket, up to 7" blade is OK. Convenient enough that I forget the knife, even on long car drives.

i-GnvcZrB-X2.jpg

i-njKLQPC-X2.jpg

For normal jeans, up to 6" works ... like they told me in Japan: RolandSan not normal size :)

But I do prefer smaller knives then. This is a DEK:

i-3GGxzVN-X2.jpg

Very interested to what conclusions you come after your experiments. Always had a soft spot for sheath makers.

Super helpful! Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery was kind enough to school me on inside waist band (IWB) carry which I assumed is how most people wear the larger sheaths, but you just have deep pockets (like.. literally lol)?

I haven't tried the Mummert but I want to.

I do like using heavy duty plastic ones that I can snap Over a belt. Taking on and off is important.

I carry appendix style unless the blade is over 7"

But I understand that most people can't/won't, so the sheaths I make for others are usually best at 5oclock if they are right handed.

I like positioning it edge forward for a variety of grips, reverse grip if needed for defense.

Back