Off Topic Coming this April: Total Eclipse of the Snark!

Wake was yesterday I blew off because it was for people who knew him from with is current wife and figured it was for them at that point and such. I just needed some time alone.

Today was the Fun-er-eal, we had the ceremony today and put him in the ground. I tossed in an OKC wraith knife in the grave, it was more for me and my cultural back ground, and then we did the final ceremony called for. And others said their final goodbyes who were finally able to make or wanted to say a final personal good bye in there own way. I was there mostly for the others who needed to say good bye. I myself came to terms of him going the way he wanted to go and was in control of his final moments in his life and comforted his wife on his last moments, so I was able to move on knowing he had his final wishes full filled. Don't know what to say any more on that. Yes it hurt and the surprise of him leaving us, but knowing he went in away he wanted to go so to speak, with no pain and clarity of mind in the arms of his most loved one. To me much of the pain of his loss was mitigated by my father leaving in such what I call a way he wanted to go. If you can understand what I'm saying.

Thanks every one for your heart felt wishes. I'll still feel the effects on and off for a while yet, but its not as painful as when I lost my mother and uncle in the same month.
Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad a year and a half ago and it still hurts. Time helps.

Thanks every one. Going back to work tomorrow. Old man was practical who planned every thing for his final rest decades ago. Taught me even with my what doctors consider a massive set of health conditions to just keep going on till you don't any more. Of course follow the doctors' instructions and take the meds, but mostly the drivers from the big cities are the ones that almost do me in a few times a month. I just can't do what I use to since 2005, they were amazed I was still alive and walking, when I started taking meds for Tachycardia and some other things. Unfortunately the Doctors said my job is my physio-TERRORPY, high impact, low impact, constant movement, heavy lift and light lift work...and tore up the free government paid faction in front of my face. :cool:

But I do things I want to do even though at levels I don't do any more, but still what else could be bester? ๐Ÿ˜

Wake was yesterday I blew off because it was for people who knew him from with is current wife and figured it was for them at that point and such. I just needed some time alone.

Today was the Fun-er-eal, we had the ceremony today and put him in the ground. I tossed in an OKC wraith knife in the grave, it was more for me and my cultural back ground, and then we did the final ceremony called for. And others said their final goodbyes who were finally able to make or wanted to say a final personal good bye in there own way. I was there mostly for the others who needed to say good bye. I myself came to terms of him going the way he wanted to go and was in control of his final moments in his life and comforted his wife on his last moments, so I was able to move on knowing he had his final wishes full filled. Don't know what to say any more on that. Yes it hurt and the surprise of him leaving us, but knowing he went in away he wanted to go so to speak, with no pain and clarity of mind in the arms of his most loved one. To me much of the pain of his loss was mitigated by my father leaving in such what I call a way he wanted to go. If you can understand what I'm saying.

Thanks every one for your heart felt wishes. I'll still feel the effects on and off for a while yet, but its not as painful as when I lost my mother and uncle in the same month.

also sorry for your loss, gods speed

Settin' near the front porch, watching hover flies, lizards and bees, the occasional raven. A year and a half into cactus and regional native plantings from around here, seemingly everything is in bloom.

I just received 2 Mediterranean olive trees from Ohio, one is for a coworker, they are doing fine after the truck/plane/train/yacht rides here.
~~
P4130165.JPG

Last edited:
Did someone from Alabama send me a KA-BAR folder that says Illinois Trooper on the blade? I got one in the mail today, with a shipping label from ebay, and I haven't ordered anything from ebay in some time.

But you're in NY.

I kind of feel like we need a โ€œBeckerโ€™s and Budsโ€ thread today. lol

Got a tarp today.....
The Solognac lightweight 2.8m x 2.95m (allmost 10'x10') . They call the color Khaki, looks more like a forest green or olive drab to me. Comes in a nice compression bag.
Cant wait to go out and set it up. :D

AP1GczNcGiE9Iy3Ed78P-r_DoZJLVK6aTONGQCu7w67e29EKJ0IB9adQ3Z6732ICtuhC6V-6vDpmV4Y1L4AffAeh0rl7r4i_3ia5WjA6rLyiqq_hwq3jHL9t=w900

BK-16 for size references.

Wife bought me a BCUSA tarp, 10x10 years ago. Has never even been out of the bag. I know, sad.

Wife bought me a BCUSA tarp, 10x10 years ago. Has never even been out of the bag. I know, sad.
The BCUSA tarp stories and pics are what got me interested to buy this one.

Hope your situation will allow you to get some time out with the nice gear you have waiting for you... Remember you have a Firebox Nano that needs some time outside too ;)

I have all kinds of gear I haven't used, including a hot tent and stove. After I got sick, I struggled.

Yep we don't heal as quickly. I've been sharpening knives instead of getting outside today even though I got stitches out and in a boot so I can get out a little now. My BK 9 is shaving sharp

Back