CPK and Whisky (or other vices), a pictorial

Laphoraig 10 (Cask Strength) at the moment...for medicinal purposes only, of course. I'm old and feeble (minded).
I don't know guys, not sure E should be allowed sharp things in his condition. We should probably put his knives away for safekeeping, you know, for safety. As much as it pains me, I'll volunteer.

At the cabin for the weekend and the local gas station, which has a surprisingly decent whiskey selection but also has a strong markup on rarer bottles, has one Stagg. I've been looking for that one for awhile but what he's asking is silly to the point of lol'able. I'll see if the owner is there on Monday when I leave town...maybe he's open to a reasonable above msrp offer.

Did you know Johnny Walker Blue goes bad if you don’t finish it
View attachment 2400413
We had some wacky version of beam at the bar I worked at years ago that no one ever drank. Sat on the shelf for probably two years with a pour spout on it. Finally, someone ordered one, surprised we even still had a bottle of it. We pour heavy at this bar and they complained there was no booze in it. Turns out it seems that over those two years most/all of the alcohol evaporated out of the bottle. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you know Johnny Walker Blue goes bad if you don’t finish it
View attachment 2400413
If you ever make it down my way, I have a near full bottle of it which I tried once and put it back on the shelf.

I love peated single malt, but I simply can't drink that JW Blue.

ETA: I also like good bourbon.

Last edited:
Back