Does anyone edc a douk douk?

I am starting to like my douk douk more and more and am carrying it everyday...will be getting small version and medium one in stainless.The only thing with carbon douks is blade could be little harder so it holds edge better,otherwise excellent bomb proof knife.
Bomb proof describes it. I've carried mine off and on for years. Sometimes by itself and sometimes with others. I did a torture test on mine several years ago that included swimming in salt water and just general disregard and after a good cleaning it was as good as new. Here's a link to a description and photos.

I have perrin vendetta douk,and 2 medium basic models....will be getting squirrel model with spearpoint,and planing to get some of stainless ones...theyre harder to get,see some variants in 14c28,vg10 ,and n690...also z70cd

I used mine on beach etc too,rusted littlebit,but fixed it all with some fine sandpaper and oil,is like new now.14c28 version should be excellent for any use,and hold edge better than their carbon.

I absolutely love mine. It carries so easily and slices like the dickens. The 14C28N blade on mine holds a great edge through a lot of slicing.

8YHHJjp.jpeg

The biggest surprise to me was how comfortable the handle is despite being so thin. It's really great in the hand unless you intend to whittle hardwoods for hours.

I also added a TEC clip to make it a little easier to carry in a deed pocket.

XIEEjbI.jpeg

I've just about talked myself into ordering another while I still can.

I don't carry mine every day, but it is definitely in the rotation. Here is a pick of my carbon version. I polished up the flats on the joint area and as much of the inside joint area I could get to, it smoother up the action nicely. The strong pull is still there. I have been listing after one of the 14C28n versions and may have to bump it to the top of my list.

I'll blame it on Sunday ... Sundays are fancy ... sometimes
I had no idea they made a Douk Douk in 14C28N and that got me curious
Then I had no idea they made them with a burnished handle and a Peacock Feather sublimation
No idea about quality or durability of finish. Going in blind on this one
... I just ordered one ... shoot me
(It's 4.25" closed ... same as my other standard Douk Douks)

iu

iu

iu

^^^ ... noticed it doesn't come with a bail. That I don't mind.
They're nice to have went needed, just never found a need for ones on mine.
And maybe they figured a bail working back and forth would rub the finish off or something ... dunno
This one won't get tossed in the toolbox šŸ¤£

Had to look around a bit for the lowest price on one ($58.29).
This one is $30 less than most everyone else was asking.

Back