Ebay and the 2.0

I think that's why they finally started limiting purchases; to cut down on the 'amature' distributors buying up all the cool stuff. I've also noticed that they rotate different inventory in throughout the week of the sale. It's not all available on the first day. They are at least trying to mitigate the issue.

The sale must go on!

Last edited:
Its my understanding that Buck would limit a quantity that any one person could buy at those sales.

However when a member here observed someone doing exactly what you stated, filling a car, Buck' s moderator here quickly stepped in and said "nothing nefarious was taking place".

There were many discussion threads that were censored and deleted by Buck's own moderator about that.

Hmm. 🤔

Lesson:

Be careful.
Fit in.

Shut up and drink your Kool-Aid..

😉
All it takes is bringing a friend along to buy a ton of stock or 2 friends.

Flippers go to big lengths to clean house to get shit to sell.

Flippers are ruining every hobby. It started with concert tickets.

Scalpers were making more money on a ticket than the bands were. So the bands said we will just charge that price to begin with.

Now Buck is selling a $200 knife for $800. At least the money is going to Buck and not some flipper scumbag.

Scalpers were making more money on a ticket than the bands were. So the bands said we will just charge that price to begin with.

Now Buck is selling a $200 knife for $800. At least the money is going to Buck and not some flipper scumbag.
Spotify and Streaming took a lot out of Musical Artists mouths and that's why the tickets to see live bands sky rocketed.

Scalpers definitely helped but I would say streaming killed that industry more than scalping live tickets.

Spotify and Streaming took a lot out of Musical Artists mouths and that's why the tickets to see live bands sky rocketed.

Scalpers definitely helped but I would say streaming killed that industry more than scalping live tickets.
It’s a complex industry for sure.

I just meant that paying the inflated prices showed that people were willing to pay a lot more than face value.

I won’t feed trolls or flippers.

It’s a complex industry for sure.

I just meant that paying the inflated prices showed that people were willing to pay a lot more than face value.

I won’t feed trolls or flippers.
Indeed, even more sad is that even in that industry companies like Ticketmaster were scalping customers by making them pay stupid fee's, so they had some huge settlement years ago worth 100's of millions if I remember because they were milking customers for years.

Flippers and Scam Artists infiltrate every hobby that's for damn sure.

not to highjack the thread, but ticketmaster ruined concerts before the internet was a household thing. Basically just took out a monopoly on scalping.

I think FOMO and limited supply runs are equally to blame. With the power of the internet, manufacturers produce less waste, or produce to order. It makes it easier for them to control their margins. A lot of regular production model trains are sold out a year before they are shipped and never see the inside of a hobby shop. It creates an anxiety to keep you looking at their website. I see this as the future. direct to consumer, no waste, max profit, minimum overhead. I think a lot of the turbulence we see in our current economy/ politics is the slow death of old school retail.

Back