First Mora :)

cut it out

Gold Member
Well I finally broke down and got me my first Mora. The Mora 2/0 classic with finger guard to be exact. First impressions are great. Gonna take it on a camping trip this spring and see how she really does but I have zero concerns honestly. Been a long time looker of these but just never pulled the trigger till now. It arrived today so only have fondled it so can’t give any impression other than feel and fit and finish. All good so far. IMG_4910.jpeg

Mora 612, a good little knife. Current versions are ok. If you can find an older Frosts laminated blade with the O1 core they are better.
Look up Randy Bagwell. He can make you a nice bit of kydex for it.
qFrHw4K.jpg

Great choice- my first was a classic #2. It’s blossomed from there. At the price you just can’t beat them. I love Moras. Get a companion after this high wears off. You’ll be happy you did.

My first Mora was this Clipper, chosen because it has the thinnest blade. Like and use it a lot.
Its cutting ability, ergos and cushy grip are all notable. The sheath is well-designed, light, practical and surprisingly excellent in use.

UjFdDjx.jpg

After months of both outdoor and kitchen duties, I wanted a stainless Mora and selected the Basic for its shorter blade and extremely low cost.

7c8Dc2n.jpg

Overall, it'a a very satisfying little FB. I can now agree with Henry Beige Henry Beige , "...all else is vanity". :)

Back