First Mora :)

The 125th Anniversary Original Classic in 14C28N is slightly larger than a No.2

jbxwjII.jpeg

qOD6U4F.jpeg
Actually, the 125th Anniversary knife is what the Mora #2 was originally., except for the unsharpened part of the blade. The newer version is about 4 1/8" end to end, the older versions are about 4 1/2 - 4 3/8 depending on the individual knife.

Actually, the 125th Anniversary knife is what the Mora #2 was originally., except for the unsharpened part of the blade. The newer version is about 4 1/8" end to end, the older versions are about 4 1/2 - 4 3/8 depending on the individual knife.
I find the different sizes to be a real hassle to keep track of, especially since there were so many different makers back in the day.
I have knives from Frost, FM Mattsson, KJ Eriksson, Bröderna Jönsson, Carl Andersson, Unmarked (just MORA) and now Morakniv, and they all have some millimeters that sets them apart between different models. My Classic Original with natural handle and leather sheath have a 9,5cm blade, slightly shorter than the #2
We all love pictures, right?
My carving knives with the Original Classic (and a couple of 1/0)
And off course the latest limited edition "Kings Knife". A real beast ;)

I find the different sizes to be a real hassle to keep track of, especially since there were so many different makers back in the day.
I have knives from Frost, FM Mattsson, KJ Eriksson, Bröderna Jönsson, Carl Andersson, Unmarked (just MORA) and now Morakniv, and they all have some millimeters that sets them apart between different models. My Classic Original with natural handle and leather sheath have a 9,5cm blade, slightly shorter than the #2
We all love pictures, right?
My carving knives with the Original Classic (and a couple of 1/0)

I misspoke in the post about my 125th Original Classic ... not slightly larger than the No.2 ... rather, slightly larger than the No.1/0

Here is a table I found online a while back....
Qykq67Z.png

and an excerpt from an old Frosts catalog
pbDGBY0.png

Isn't that just a gussied up #2?

Speaking of sizes.......the small knife is a #2.....
gtcEc8n.jpg

I misspoke in the post about my 125th Original Classic ... not slightly larger than the No.2 ... rather, slightly larger than the No.1/0
The specs say 3 1/4" blade. I have 2 older 1/0s. both 3 1/4" blades, so its an old style 1/0, except of course that it has that unsharpened bit at the handle.......

I really like the smallest 1/0. I like to pic up old models and restore them. The smallest model is 14cm and is a great little knife to have in the glovebox, bottom kitchen drawer and so on. Whenever I need a blade for dirty work like scraping the label of a jar or sharpening a potato stick

I only wish they made ferrules that matched the height of the bigger blades. Blows my mind that Mora hasn't made a classic with a Tommi style blade.

HA !!! ... well, think all I can say is the 125th Original Classic is slightly larger than one of the current production Classics that I have 🤣

Here is a table I found online a while back....
Qykq67Z.png

and an excerpt from an old Frosts catalog
pbDGBY0.png

Isn't that just a gussied up #2?
In a way, yes. Almost identical to Morakniv #2. But just to support my reflection of different sizes from different makers, this one have a total of 215mm and the blade is 105mm. The blade is 21mm wide, so it´s more like the #3 or#4 in that way. A one off knife with one off measurements ;)

In a way, yes. Almost identical to Morakniv #2. But just to support my reflection of different sizes from different makers, this one have a total of 215mm and the blade is 105mm. The blade is 21mm wide, so it´s more like the #3 or#4 in that way. A one off knife with one off measurements ;)
If you are referring to the Kings knife, those measurements are very nearly the same as the old Frosts #2. Both of mine have a 107mm blade and are 217mm overall, with 22mm blade width.
As far as the #3 or #4 goes, they are much larger. The #3 has a measured 157mm blade, 280mm overall, while the #4 has a measured 172mm blade and is 295mm overall, both having a 25mm blade width.

Size comparison of some older Frost Mora knives-
From the top, #5,4,3,2,2A3,1,1/0,3/0
RFVcsq6.jpg

If you are referring to the Kings knife, those measurements are very nearly the same as the old Frosts #2. Both of mine have a 107mm blade and are 217mm overall, with 22mm blade width.
As far as the #3 or #4 goes, they are much larger. The #3 has a measured 157mm blade, 280mm overall, while the #4 has a measured 172mm blade and is 295mm overall, both having a 25mm blade width.

Size comparison of some older Frost Mora knives-
From the top, #5,4,3,2,2A3,1,1/0,3/0
RFVcsq6.jpg
Yes, that was the one I was referring to. Just nearly the same, but not the exact same ;)
Really nice line-up you got there :)

Yes, that was the one I was referring to. Just nearly the same, but not the exact same ;)
Yeah the current ones are made by machines and computers so one knife is exactly the same as all the rest. The older ones were made the old school way in small factories by hand, so there can a lot of variation. 2mm difference seems to be well within tolerances for the Mora #2.

Last edited:
Through the decades and makers, the dimensions have varied a lot. For example,, the new n.3 is almost the same size of the old n.2 1/2 and the current n.1/0 is a size between the old 1/0 and the 2/0. Also, consider that there are a couple of "sizes" that were made only by one maker.

the table presented above is just to be used as a reference, since it will only represent a specific year (i tried to choose the year that was more representative)

Back