Pre Order Get Phumped Up! - (The official pre-order thread for the ‘23 Hump Back Congress BF Knife Sheath)

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It’s finally time!

Being a huge fan of wharncliffe blades, Spark Spark did a fantastic job with this years BF Hump Back Congress knife! Thank you. Well done.
A thank you to Bill and meako meako as well. waynorth waynorth Thank you for facilitating Canadian knife knuts again this year.

I’m really excited for this year’s BF ‘23 Hump Back Congress sheath. It’s finally complete and ready to show!

This is the official pre-order thread, so please read fully and post your preferences here. :)

This year I am offering a few sheath options for the “Hump Back Congress ‘23 BF knife,” continuing the “tradition.” I’ve made a number of prototypes in order to ensure a secure and satisfying fit.

The game has been “upped” this year and the leather choices are of high quality. The tan is an oil-tanned premium leather and has a soft feel to it. The dark is a figured chrome-tanned premium leather and is what you would see used on a wallet. Both leathers I have lined with thin veg tanned leather to protect your knife.

Both sheaths are thinner than any other of the previous BF knife sheath offerings, and I’m very pleased with the outcome.

Without further ado…
848C2BDC-0CF3-4607-88C6-9406785F6449.jpeg

This is a squeeze style sheath measuring 4 1/4” tall by 2 1/4” wide at the side point. The flair is actually very subtle and only sticks out 1/8” further than the “side” of the sheath. This sheath holds your knife securely and requires a “squeeze” of both sides to insert your knife, as well as a squeeze to have the Hump Back Congress knife fall out into your hand, ready for opening & service.

I have gone with two premium leather options both in the same overall shape. In addition to the “humpback side,” in true Hump Back Congress fashion, the opening of this sheath is cut in an asymmetrical arc.

Something I’m very excited about is I have upped my edge finishing! (Never stop learning.) The edges of both the oil-tanned and chrome tanned are not left raw but slicked smooth and make for a clean edge.

Both leather options will patina over time and pick up scratches and wear & tear giving each sheath a unique look. The sheaths will be stitched with black, dark brown or tan thread, your choice.

My logo is embossed on the frontside and the Sharp & Fiery maker’s mark on the backside.

On the top left corner will be a grommet. This year there are four options for grommet - none, antique brass, antique copper and antique pewter.
52900FFB-44F4-4E96-AB4F-F11C54E46250.jpeg

The two leather options are as follows…

Distressed Dark Brown - Chrome-tanned
21F004BC-39FF-4B64-8BA2-8EF031EA99C8.jpegCEE0683C-D389-4BC5-BED0-07D5F474C065.jpeg

Tan - Oil Tanned
F718BE5B-4201-44D3-9D37-CAB99BBAA0C8.jpeg7671B4C9-4664-4593-BC91-900CBA693E88.jpeg

Please read carefully and fully:

Depending on the amount that are pre-ordered, it will take a little bit to finish as they are all fully handmade.

These will be pre-order and no payment until yours is ready to ship. I expect to start shipping in late January. (Possibly earlier) These are limited to the leather that I currently have in stock…once I run out, that is all she wrote. I will contact you when I have finished your sheath and it is ready to ship.

Price will be $50.00USD +$13 for shipping CONUS and Canada. So $63.00USD ALL IN. I will also ship international but please contact me via PM for shipping rates. Accepting PP G&S or EMT if in Canada.

Rules: These sheaths will only be available at this price for purchase if you were eligible and own a BF ‘23 Hump Back Congress Knife.

Please comment “I’m in” and which options you would like.

Please reply here in this thread with the following…

- Choice of leather (Dark brown or Tan)
- Thread color (Black, Dark brown or Tan)
- Color of grommet (Antique brass, Antique Copper, Antique pewter)

*Please note that because of the nature of these leather options, the figured look may very between sheaths.

*These will be limited to one per customer, however, if there is leather left over, I will allow for multiples. I would like for everyone who wants one to be able to order. If there is anyone who would like a second sheath, feel free to state your second sheath preference in your post, and I will fulfill the second if possible.

I hope you enjoy them!!

Thank you all for following, commenting, and supporting Sharp & Fiery Leathercraft

Keep ‘em Sharp!
Coleman - aka Sharp & Fiery

Disclaimer: Chrome-tanned leather (dark brown) is very prone to marks from sharp or crisp edge items (Ie: pocket clips, keys) These markings may/may not show up as a whitish color (in my experience.) You can can put a little (small amount with finger) of water on the spots and rub with your hand or finger to darken it back up, however it will not take away the scratch or mark. I forgot to post this yesterday, but I would like all to be aware of this.

Veg-tan and oil-tan leathers are not as prone to this happening. The upside to chrome-tanned is that it resists water very well.

Last edited:
I’m in!

Tan leather, dark brown thread, and antique brass grommet.

Thanks Coleman. :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
I’m in.

Now what colour?…🤔 You’ve made this difficult.
The dark brown looks so good with the knife, but I always pick dark… need to resist...

Tan leather
Dark brown thread
Pewter grommet

Final answer Regis

I'm in!!

- Choice of leather (Dark brown)
- Thread color (Tan)
- Color of grommet (Antique Copper)

They look very nice!!

I’m in.

Now what colour?…🤔 You’ve made this difficult.
The dark brown looks so good with the knife, but I always pick dark… need to resist...

Tan leather
Dark brown thread
Pewter grommet

Final answer Regis
Great choice. The tan option is my personal favorite. :)
I’m in!

Dark brown
Black thread
Pewter grommet

Thanks!
Thank you.

I'm in!!

- Choice of leather (Dark brown)
- Thread color (Tan)
- Color of grommet (Antique Copper)

They look very nice!!
You got it!

I’m in!

Dark brown
Black thread
No grommet

Thank you Coleman
Right on!

Folks, I forgot to expand on the Distressed Dark Brown Chrome tanned leather qualities and attributes, so please see the bottom of the first post for disclaimer.
Thank you.

Back