Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The market was fairly quiet today, but we had a good stream of regulars nonetheless. It tried to rain a few times, but generally the weather wasn't too bad - Fair to middlin', as they say in Yorkshire ;)

Long-time early morning Tool Stall regular, Mel, picked up this cool Hardy's deadbait rig, still in the box, a nice find on Leeds market :cool:

Tool Man about to devour one of several breakfast sandwiches! o_O Golden Gordon's expression speaks for many of us (the Civilised World)! :D

image storage online

Boring Ray told me he had a silver Sheffield-made milk jug, from 1836, among the rest of the notoriously overpriced junk on his stall. I could see it was actually EPNS (Electro Plated Nickel Silver) immediately, but when he mentioned 'Alpha', the mark of cutlers Harrison Brothers & Howson, my interest was piqued.

I had to point out that 1836 was the date Harrison Brothers & Howson was established, which was clearly stated on the base, had he bothered to look properly, but it turned out the piece was actually made by the thoroughly disreputable Viners of Sheffield, who sadly must have acquired the Harrison Brothers mark. I doubt it's any older than the 1980's, if that! :D Sadly, I had to further trample on Ray's dreams by showing him another, in much better condition, selling on ebay for less than a fiver! 🤣

Tool Man and Harry Hot Balls discuss Harry's disastrous cycling career! Tool Man is inseparable from his mug, which is actually an aluminium imitation GI canteen mug, with the handles bound together with copper wire, so they don't even have the advantage of folding! 😖

Trick or Treater of the week was this young lady, whose face was covered in dark make-up in a spider's web pattern! 😳🤪

Barry The Original Ted was out dancing at the weekend apparently! :D

The old Teds bristled when they spotted this character, who they didn't know, with some Teddy Boy style :D I thought there was going to be a punch-up! :eek: They didn't like the seam in the back of his jacket at all! :rolleyes: 🤣

Since there were were quite a few faces around mid afternoon, I thought I'd take a pic. Tool Man will pose at the merest glimpse of a camera, but Boring Ray, as usual, has his eyes closed on each of the 10 photos I took, Scott is looking in a completely different direction on 9 of them, and Old Brian has his finger in his ear on the first 6, and is looking elsewhere on all of them! 😖

I hope you're all having a good day Guardian's :) I'm about to pop the cork on a bottle of Barossa Valley Shiraz, and start watching Season 2 of Sci-Fi Western Outer Range. Got to be right up your alley JohnDF JohnDF ! :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians. Hope everyone is having a good day so far. Savory & Moore Lamb 🐑

That was a good grab buddy, sweet old Lamb !

The market was fairly quiet today, but we had a good stream of regulars nonetheless. It tried to rain a few times, but generally the weather wasn't too bad - Fair to middlin', as they say in Yorkshire ;)

Long-time early morning Tool Stall regular, Mel, picked up this cool Hardy's deadbait rig, still in the box, a nice find on Leeds market :cool:

Cool old rig !

Tool Man about to devour one of several breakfast sandwiches! o_O Golden Gordon's expression speaks for many of us (the Civilised World)! :D

image storage online

Boring Ray told me he had a silver Sheffield-made milk jug, from 1836, among the rest of the notoriously overpriced junk on his stall. I could see it was actually EPNS (Electro Plated Nickel Silver) immediately, but when he mentioned 'Alpha', the mark of cutlers Harrison Brothers & Howson, my interest was piqued.

I had to point out that 1836 was the date Harrison Brothers & Howson was established, which was clearly stated on the base, had he bothered to look properly, but it turned out the piece was actually made by the thoroughly disreputable Viners of Sheffield, who sadly must have acquired the Harrison Brothers mark. I doubt it's any older than the 1980's, if that! :D Sadly, I had to further trample on Ray's dreams by showing him another, in much better condition, selling on ebay for less than a fiver! 🤣

Tool Man and Harry Hot Balls discuss Harry's disastrous cycling career! Tool Man is inseparable from his mug, which is actually an aluminium imitation GI canteen mug, with the handles bound together with copper wire, so they don't even have the advantage of folding! 😖

Trick or Treater of the week was this young lady, whose face was covered in dark make-up in a spider's web pattern! 😳🤪

Barry The Original Ted was out dancing at the weekend apparently! :D

The old Teds bristled when they spotted this character, who they didn't know, with some Teddy Boy style :D I thought there was going to be a punch-up! :eek: They didn't like the seam in the back of his jacket at all! :rolleyes: 🤣

Since there were were quite a few faces around mid afternoon, I thought I'd take a pic. Tool Man will pose at the merest glimpse of a camera, but Boring Ray, as usual, has his eyes closed on each of the 10 photos I took, Scott is looking in a completely different direction on 9 of them, and Old Brian has his finger in his ear on the first 6, and is looking elsewhere on all of them! 😖

Glad you had a good market day and thanks for the pics and report !

I hope you're all having a good day Guardian's :) I'm about to pop the cork on a bottle of Barossa Valley Shiraz, and start watching Season 2 of Sci-Fi Western Outer Range. Got to be right up your alley JohnDF JohnDF ! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic buddy !

Thanks Jack. The only thing I could find on Savory & Moore was a pharmaceutical Co out of London. I wondering if it was made for them? 🤔
In 1928, Savory & Moore acquired Veterinary Instrument Maker Arnold & Sons, who among other things, made knives, and a Lambsfoot certainly has a veterinary application. However, the knife may have been made for them before that acquisition. They were a large company with more than 60 branches :thumbsup:

default.jpg

Glad you had a good market day and thanks for the pics and report !
Thanks Steve, I put in a long shift today, and was so worn out later, I didn't eat. My back was hurting too, but hopefully it'll be OK :thumbsup:
Good afternoon Guardians !

Big I*XL today

Perfect Lamb :cool: :) :thumbsup:

😁Nice Lamb!
Nice pic Dwight
Great burl pic...yes, spring is here at last!
Thanks mates!
Thanks buddy, maybe we can meet up for a beer there one day
I would love that my friend! :D
Another great pic
Gracias.
They are called targets around here!
A few years ago I declared war on them. I stopped keeping score at 150, declared a moratorium and initiated negotiations. We now live in peace and harmony. For several years the offspring were apparently schooled by their parents and grandparents but today they have long forgotten.
Morning Guardians. Hope everyone is having a good day so far. Savory & Moore Lamb 🐑

Wonderful bone on that dignified oldie!
Tool Man about to devour one of several breakfast sandwiches! o_O Golden Gordon's expression speaks for many of us (the Civilised World)!
A perfect example of evolution ... 😁

I received this lambsfoot from Ashwin yesterday. It is a real beauty. Crisp clean action (about a 6 pull), flush in all three positions, perfectly centered, shield inlet flawless and remarkable hackberry scales with wine g10 liners. Ashwin is a great guy to work with!
chevronwithtechron com
Love those scales ,and yes, Ashwin is making great progress developing his cutlery skills. Congrats Dwight.

I received this lambsfoot from Ashwin yesterday. It is a real beauty. Crisp clean action (about a 6 pull), flush in all three positions, perfectly centered, shield inlet flawless and remarkable hackberry scales with wine g10 liners. Ashwin is a great guy to work with!
chevronwithtechron com

Congrats 1 That's a beauty 👍

Back