How far removed is moderm FMA from its traditional Martial Arts?

Sayoc works extensively with military in their Sayoc Tactical Group branch and what we get a lot in terms of feedback is how the mindset we teach matches and confirms what they are looking for as well in their training.

Of course we teach a variety of weapons ... covering shield as well as head axe, short spears and projectiles.

As per Moro farmers, real traditional weapons are not the tools for the farm or hunting but specifically for fighting. They might have similarities of cruder farming tools but the old Moros had exquisite and battle enforced panabas and kampilans amongst other weapons like the kris which is not a blade that would be a hunter or farmer's primary tool.

Sayoc works extensively with military in their Sayoc Tactical Group branch

I'm curious as to what units or branches? I've been active Army for almost 22years and while I have pretty much been convential Infantry my career I just completed a tour in Iraq where I was assigned to Special Operations Command. Although not a special operator I did work daily with Army Special Forces and Navel Special Warefare personnel. I've been a FMA student for almost 6 years and while I have met and trained with many US military personnnel who do FMA I have never found anyone who trains in Sayoc Kali.
I'm not calling BS or anything, but I have run across a lot of military guys doing PTK, Modern Arnis, Inosanto blend, AMOK, DBMA, and Doce Pares but no Sayoc guys.

Back