• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad I paid Schenk Knives $10,000... months later no knives, no refund

I would talk to a lawyer before cashing that check. that may put a twist in things if you end up taking him to court.
I second this. Confirm that you can deposit this check without being deemed to have accepted it as an offer of payment in full. State laws can be fickle and an unscrupulous huckster may try to trap you.

I deposited the check and it has cleared no problems... also just heard from Zane that the second check should be sent either next week or the week after 🤞 Wanted to update everyone! So far I am being pleasantly surprised.

Good for you Josh. This doesn't change the WARNING though. Buyer beware...

Glad to hear that there's been some effort made. I hope you're made whole in short order. 👍

Happy to hear this has finally borne some fruit for you!!!!!!
Hope the rest follows uneventfully!!👍

too bad the guy had to feel the heat before he made a move....hope you get made whole < as much as possible: minus your time, effort, aggravation, penalties & interest, ad infinitum 🤯 >

Glad to hear so far Josh, hope that 2nd comes through and so on until he’s caught up with you.

Update: right after I texted Zane a link to this thread he called me and we had a phone conversation. He was very apologetic and assured me that he would get me the money and stated that he is actively working on it. I would absolutely love to post a peaceful happy resolution to this thread so I will be updating it as things progress 👍
You are a virtuous person as you have been enduring something harmful to yourself so as not to damage another. However, there is also a concept of judgement which needs to be considered. It seems to me in these circumstances with a good Attorney you may also be entitled to damages. Definitely have your attorney send the deadline letter saying you'll wave damages if paid within the due date. Business is business and you've been more than fair. BTW is I can afford your offerings you may just have another customer.

If you knew Josh, you would know the answer to this. :) Josh’s character is impeccable. I’ll let him answer the question though. :)

If you ever get a chance to own any of Josh’s work, you will be wow’d. I promise you that.

Happy Holidays.

Delete, thanks.

Last edited:
Back