Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

At one point I had about 40 ZTs. Now down to a dozen or so. I sold my LG 0900 & 0909 a few years ago. Only ZTs I regret selling are the first one I bought, a 0770cf in Elmax, a 0456cf and a 0450cfzdp.

I’ve been temped to buy the 0308cf but I do have a 0308 with a carbon fiber scale so the $420 price tag is a bit much to swallow.

At least your first regret is relatively cheap and available. ;) I love the 0770 (I have that Elmax CF version). It's slim and weighs nothing and I really like the blade design - I usually carry it when I have to wear slacks or such to work. I don't think it's very popular here because it's assisted. Doesn't bother me - it's still easy to close one-handed even with the spring.

I do love my 0801BW!

0801 is classic ZT for me. That profile...

lTPjS35.jpg

At least your first regret is relatively cheap and available. ;) I love the 0770 (I have that Elmax CF version). It's slim and weighs nothing and I really like the blade design - I usually carry it when I have to wear slacks or such to work. I don't think it's very popular here because it's assisted. Doesn't bother me - it's still easy to close one-handed even with the spring.

I really wish ZT would have a Constant Quality Improvement program like Spyderco, updating their design over time. I’d love a 0770cf with KVT bearings as well as a 0566 with a ti lock side and KVT bearings as well. Just seems like ZT hasn’t been motivated to do much as of late which is a shame because ZT is what really got me into knives.

I really wish ZT would have a Constant Quality Improvement program like Spyderco, updating their design over time. I’d love a 0770cf with KVT bearings as well as a 0566 with a ti lock side and KVT bearings as well. Just seems like ZT hasn’t been motivated to do much as of late which is a shame because ZT is what really got me into knives.

I agree. They seem to have fallen back on doing interesting work the last several years. Lots of great models have just been dropped.

I feel like ZT is typically thought of as a flipper/bearing knife, but I'm just as impressed with their phosphor-bronze washer knives. I don't know that I've ever had a smoother bronze washer knife than the 0640. It's quite literally perfect. As much as I love my Seb and Inkosi, that 0640 is gold.

And I love the collabs, but I also wish they would do more originals. I would love to see them get back to their design language and start being interesting again. The 0095 was one of their original designs - and it's a superb folder. I like when they decide to not be boring.

kRTBoMv.jpg

I agree. They seem to have fallen back on doing interesting work the last several years. Lots of great models have just been dropped.

I feel like ZT is typically thought of as a flipper/bearing knife, but I'm just as impressed with their phosphor-bronze washer knives. I don't know that I've ever had a smoother bronze washer knife than the 0640. It's quite literally perfect. As much as I love my Seb and Inkosi, that 0640 is gold.

And I love the collabs, but I also wish they would do more originals. I would love to see them get back to their design language and start being interesting again. The 0095 was one of their original designs - and it's a superb folder. I like when they decide to not be boring.

kRTBoMv.jpg
Perfectly stated, the 0640 is ungodly smooth and the 0095 is an awesome flipper! Glad I have both!

That would just be too good to be true lol

Already got her sharp dressed! And she bit me during reassembly! For all those 0640 owners out there, a cleaning and greasing with TW25 make the already great action like glass! I'm sure similar greases would do the same, but I have a huge quantity of TW25 on hand courtesy of my SIG P series collection 😁

Already got her sharp dressed! And she bit me during reassembly! For all those 0640 owners out there, a cleaning and greasing with TW25 make the already great action like glass! I'm sure similar greases would do the same, but I have a huge quantity of TW25 on hand courtesy of my SIG P series collection 😁

Nice! All the recent pics you and others have been showing of the 0640 is making me want one. Especially with the micarta scales. Looks great. Are you going to get micarta scales for the 0393?

I just bought some black micarta scales from Sharp Dressed Knives for my 0393. Looks great, definitely better than the carbon fiber. Highly recommended. I would post pics if could.

That, sir, is my favorite Kershaw of all time. I love a lot of different older Kershaw models, however this one has so much awesome technology and ingenuity packed into it, especially for it's time, that it definitely holds a special place in my heart. Unfortunately I sold my 2 Ti Tyrades, that I got from Thomas W, when I was deep in addiction and felt like I had to to persist. Awesome knife my friend!

Back