Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Any idea how old it is? I got it in an antique mall in Westmoreland NY maybe 10 years ago, maybe more, so I have no idea. I suspect it was somebody's souvenir of Norway.

And here's another knife. BPS HK4 with the lanyard tab cut off.
jiNeLHE.jpg
I have a few Brusletto ads from the 80's and 90's Jer, so I'll have a look if I can find it. Unfortunately, the adds are only monochrome :thumbsup: That looks better for the loss of the tab buddy :thumbsup:
Hadn't ever thought of that use for the Cowboy Toothpick but it certainly would. Did just finished a set of steak knives for my SIL.

oZChouv.jpg

qXhkU4d.jpg

Sonokoling Rosewood on the handles.
Those are beautiful Dave, great work, as always :cool: :thumbsup:
That's why you've gotta go for vintage wool on ebay.
I've been unhappy with most modern wool, it's hard to find anything past 24oz, the majority of it is a looser milled fabric with lots of pilling, and the cost of the better stuff is insane.
I bought a Schaffer outfitters Cattle baron vest back in December and the quality is pretty good, but it's a tad too small.

I bought this late 40's woolrich 503 on Ebay for $100 a couple months ago and it's amazing, vintage stuff is definitely the way to go.
Pendleton wool is still well done, but I think they top out at 24oz and while the wool is milled here in the US their clothing itself is made overseas somewhere

And just to keep this on topic, here's an old Buck 102 that I rehandled in brass and walnut.
Thanks for the tip :cool: Nice work on that re-handle too :) :thumbsup:

I was having a look at this Rugger, from Tod Cutler, last night. I really need to try and put a decent edge on it, when I get the time :thumbsup:

That's why you've gotta go for vintage wool on ebay.
I've been unhappy with most modern wool, it's hard to find anything past 24oz, the majority of it is a looser milled fabric with lots of pilling, and the cost of the better stuff is insane.
I bought a Schaffer outfitters Cattle baron vest back in December and the quality is pretty good, but it's a tad too small.

I bought this late 40's woolrich 503 on Ebay for $100 a couple months ago and it's amazing, vintage stuff is definitely the way to go.
Pendleton wool is still well done, but I think they top out at 24oz and while the wool is milled here in the US their clothing itself is made overseas somewhere

And just to keep this on topic, here's an old Buck 102 that I rehandled in brass and walnut.
Thats a gorgeous jacket and great snag off the bay! Nice job on the rehandle too!

I have been checking the bay myself for the vintage stuff. On my Schaefer I was able to try it on since I was in their booth. Even though I'm an extra large tall on most things with their sizing I was a 2XL. So kinda a size smaller.

A Cowboy with elk:

v9gGR4z.jpg

Thats a gorgeous jacket and great snag off the bay! Nice job on the rehandle too!

I have been checking the bay myself for the vintage stuff. On my Schaefer I was able to try it on since I was in their booth. Even though I'm an extra large tall on most things with their sizing I was a 2XL. So kinda a size smaller.

A Cowboy with elk:

v9gGR4z.jpg

A pal of mine found two brand new Filson Macinaws in a discount shop, priced at £150 apiece (which, at the time was about $160). He snapped up both of them, and won't part! :D Nice knife Dave :cool: :thumbsup:

I like this knife by Eric Albers that my buddy Paul Jakeywax31 Jakeywax31 gifted me recently :cool: :thumbsup:

One of the things I like about Horsewright knives is the non-incurved handles.
Though that's nice, too.

I think it's the BPS Savage sheath I just ordered, that has been tested to fit the ESEE-4. An HK4 sheath would be more compact, but you can't buy one empty, so I'd have another knife needing a sheath.
QgLv57W.jpg

[I was forgetting BPS's cunning way of attaching the dangler to a loop big enough for a belt- I can wear it closer if I want to.]

Last edited:
Back