Lets talk GEC!

Well.. so much for dipping my toes, I ended up diving right into the deep end. 87 hummingbird now joins the 87 cherrywood.
20240515_140952.jpg

97 Allegheny Beaver Tail is on its way to join these two.

I'd like to get a Northfield 14 or 13 next.

I gotta say I'm really liking the Hummingbird, it's a snappy bird! It makes the Beaver seem kinda tame in comparison.
I didn't think I'd like the feel of acrylic as much as the jigged wood and I think the wood still has the edge, but definitely not by a wide margin.

Now I'm considering getting a Northfield 87 instead of a 14. Maybe one of the smooth camels or the tortoise shell.

I'm still surprised by the snap on this bird, probably the strongest slippy I own.

I gotta say I'm really liking the Hummingbird, it's a snappy bird! It makes the Beaver seem kinda tame in comparison.
I didn't think I'd like the feel of acrylic as much as the jigged wood and I think the wood still has the edge, but definitely not by a wide margin.

Now I'm considering getting a Northfield 87 instead of a 14. Maybe one of the smooth camels or the tortoise shell.

I'm still surprised by the snap on this bird, probably the strongest slippy I own.

If you are liking the Hummingbird and the Jigged Brazilian Cherry Wood, then the extra attention to the fit and finish of the Northfields makes at least one version a must purchase.

Reactions: XXL
If you are liking the Hummingbird and the Jigged Brazilian Cherry Wood, then the extra attention to the fit and finish of the Northfields makes at least one version a must purchase.

I probably should of saved the money that I spent on the 97 Allegheny for a Northfield.

Need MOAR to add from the latest runs.

ln0kSr.jpeg

i firmly decided to sit out the 39s, but a 2 blade beaver is just too cool to pass up. i am weak.

the hunt is on........ GEC is having a banner year - it is sad that the picture problem on the forum seems to be causing everything to be lumped into this thread instead of threads for each model.........

i firmly decided to sit out the 39s, but a 2 blade beaver is just too cool to pass up. i am weak.

the hunt is on........ GEC is having a banner year - it is sad that the picture problem on the forum seems to be causing everything to be lumped into this thread instead of threads for each model.........
Picture problem? Can't we use external image hosting?

Picture problem? Can't we use external image hosting?
I am sure many people have noticed that since the picture issue arrived, new threads on GECs have not been started and the overall picture volume is way down. I am sure some people are using external pic sites, but my sense is the majority of users have gone silent or close to it. I don’t want to derail this thread, but the lack of native pic hosting seems like a serious problem that has no apparent solution.

Back