Lets talk GEC!

I'm struggling to get my head around the relevance of the 'What's at the end of the hall?' picture to the current #72, and now #39, releases (unless all those sheep have just been castrated with the #39's single spey?)

Meanwhile, weren't we expecting a Barlow on 39 frame? I am surprised, they are consequently making two pretty much specific knives - hoof pick then single spey blade. Interesting.

Last edited:
SMpcGEU.jpg

That has 2 blades.

Alright another blade and pattern configuration that absolutely no one was asking for
It was asking for itself, lol. 39 is the new 15, so expect other variations (not so soon).

and once again using a pattern that was recently done
Well, not quite recently, but I agree. I want... wait, no, don't want to jinx.

SMpcGEU.jpg

That has 2 blades.
Wow! Hawkeye!

The 39 hasn't had a jigged bone cover or cocobolo that I know of.

How comfortable is the knife blade to use, on a hoof pick model ? It seems like the hoof pick (closed in handle) shortens the handle grip significantly ?
That's a good question. My guess is not very comfortable, anyway that's something metal, thinner than handle, that would "cut" into your palm - not the best feeling. Same reason I don't like when knife has more than one blade and any of them is protruding significantly when closed, including pointy tangs. I guess one could put the pick in half-stop and then use the blade, but that's totally impractical.

Back