Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

I gave it as a gift - to a baker!!

Thanks, Jack!!!
Nice Charlie :) I did the same with this much larger one (about 18" long or so)! :D :thumbsup:

T9G0vHa.jpg

Cool Böker Atlas, Alan; that knife can support the world on its shoulders! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 🤓
What's the handle material on that one? Is it the standard black steel handle, or something more exotic (or maybe you "distressed" it?)?

- GT
Thanks, but to quote Boker it's " a stainless - steel handle in a gritty dark stonewash finish."

Thanks, but to quote Boker it's " a stainless - steel handle in a gritty dark stonewash finish."
Thanks for the info, Alan. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
But I went back to look at your photo again, and I've decided it may be a different Atlas model than I've seen before! :rolleyes:
Is it a lockback? All the Böker Plus Atlas models I've looked at previously were slipjoints, I think.
And does the 1066 on the blade refer to a variety of carbon steel? I think all of the Atlas models I was aware of used 12C27 Sandvik stainless.
So thanks for introducing me to a new model! :cool::cool:

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs It is a backlock. The wharncliffe and spearpoint are slipjoints. I think the 1066 is a serial number because the blade steel is D2. I think you can see the D2 on the pile side by the pivot pin in this photo which I didn't post because of the pocket clipIMG_8084.JPG

5K Qs 5K Qs It is a backlock. The wharncliffe and spearpoint are slipjoints. I think the 1066 is a serial number because the blade steel is D2. I think you can see the D2 on the pile side by the pivot pin in this photo which I didn't post because of the pocket clipView attachment 2428020
Thanks for providing even more info, Alan, including the photo showing the D2 steel marking. Weird coincidence with that 1066 serial number. o_O
Cool and interesting knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back