Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

On Far Right ... is that a CS folding Bushman?
When first introduced, there were rumors/urban myth it was a "finger guilotine" when closing them. (I don't know if the claims were true.)

Is the knife "dangerous" to fold? (presuming the person involved isn't a moron, or scores lower than the average rock on an IQ test) and keeps their fingers out of the blade's path.)

Lately I've been thinking of getting one ... and a (not Bowie style) fixed blade Bushman, to replace the one lost in move from FL to ID.

On Far Right ... is that a CS folding Bushman?
When first introduced, there were rumors/urban myth it was a "finger guilotine" when closing them. (I don't know if the claims were true.)

Is the knife "dangerous" to fold? (presuming the person involved isn't a moron, or scores lower than the average rock on an IQ test) and keeps their fingers out of the blade's path.)

Lately I've been thinking of getting one ... and a (not Bowie style) fixed blade Bushman, to replace the one lost in move from FL to ID.
Yes.
Idk if they changed it or what but mine doesn’t snap closed too hard in my opinion. Maybe its just my example but i can get it about 45 degrees closed before it wants to close by itself.
By that time hopefully your fingers are out of the way on any folder!
I think the bigger risk is the closing mechanism and sliding your hand up the blade. I could see how it could happen but it shouldn’t if you are aware and paying attention, as you should be with any knife in my opinion.
I just move the blade enough to disengage the lock and then move my fingers.
Watch the video by cold steel about how to operate the lock and if you follow it you should be fine.
i love mine and its pretty much the most modern folder i use these days, unless you include the leatherman. I think if you are used to something like a mercator you should have no problems.

Forgot I had this! :D

jLEIwIF.jpg

My rotation schedule didn't assign me an all-metal knife this week. But one of my 4 knives that I ALWAYS carry, independent of the rotation schedule, is an Alox Solo, so I'll post that one.
View attachment 2466418

- GT
What I wrote on Monday about not having a metal knife assigned to me this week is totally untrue. o_O :( I don't know how I overlooked it, but this Czech Mikov linerlock anchor knife (thanks, Tom) is my international knife this week.
mikov.mark.Vopen.magnet.jpg

- GT

Back