• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Milan Mozolic - not to be trusted

I have a friend who is knife purveyor, he is my main person to go to for my knife addiction, he has been having issues with Milan for several months, like 18 months to be exact, placed quite a substantial order with him, prepaid as he was becoming a representative/dealer for Milan's business, Dragon Forge. He has not received all of the pieces and keeps getting excuse after excuse. I have a few of Milan's knives, and they are spectacular, but this is going to end my love of his knives. Sorry to see that this was not an isolated incident and hopefully this will re-kindle his morals and ethics and make things right with everybody.

Ridiculous! Like so many others, Milan Mozolic shows himself to be a thieving liar. He will NEVER have one penny of my money regardless of what he has done in the past. Fortunately, there are plenty of talented honest knifemakers out there who like to get paid for their excellent work.

Any update to this Brummie?
Not much. I emailed Milan a link to this thread. He said that several packages are stuck and he’s trying to get them returned to him, so he can send via a different shipper. I asked him to send me the tracking information for the original shipment so I could see for myself. No response.

Just to update this thread, because the sporadic communication has continued:
21 August 2020: Knife is repaired and ready to go. Will send pictures and ship next week. Need to check on current shipping options.
9 October 2020: Will take pictures and send via Fedex within next couple of days.
20 November 2020: Having problems with Fedex. Will send via EMS if not resolved this week.
5 March 2021: Have finalized contract with Fedex. Need to reconfirm your address.
3 April 2021: It was sent two days ago. You'll receive tracking info as soon as it reaches the "parcel point".
18 April 2021: It's on it's way. I'll check progress and send you tracking info this week.

May: Crickets.

So just to recap, this knife was originally finished by April 2019, then again in October 2019, and again in August 2020. It was originally sent to me in March 2020, then again on April 1 2021 (perhaps that date was a hint?). I have never received a single photo or any tracking information.

Last edited:
I do hope that you get your knife Brummie. This Milan character is definitely a complicated and convoluted person to deal with.

I do hope that you get your knife Brummie. This Milan character is definitely a complicated and convoluted person to deal with.
I have no expectation I will, and I don't want to spend any more time even thinking about it. Either he's the unluckiest person in the world (and that still wouldn't explain the lack of any photos or tracking info), or has some kind of pathological need to bullshit me.

When your issues first started I noticed a lot of his knives posting up on AZCK and another dealer site. Multiples every week or so. Seems like he was bullshitting people and passing over their orders but saying he was working on them. I sold the one I owned after it started coming out.

I have no expectation I will, and I don't want to spend any more time even thinking about it. Either he's the unluckiest person in the world (and that still wouldn't explain the lack of any photos or tracking info), or has some kind of pathological need to bullshit me.
Sorry to hear about your experience but thank you for posting. I was just looking at one of his knives on the secondary market and decided to search his name here first. Won’t be buying any of his knives now - even at a bargain. What a crappy way to live a life.

No further communication. I have no idea if he's still active in knife-making.

He seems to post new knife builds regularly on IG, listing some for sale, auctioning off other knives also. He’s currently accepting orders, his profile says “Book is little open now”.

Hello Brummie, I am sure we communicate and I sent you your money back. Everytime I reply to your emails asap. If somehow need contact me, I still using my email mozolicknives@gmail.com
Wow it only took you 2+ years to reply. Brummie has been waiting 3 years for his money. (You should get a job with Survive Knives!)

The good news is that this thread has had 9000+ views in that time. That's a lot of potential victims that have not been scammed by you.

Hello Brummie, I am sure we communicate and I sent you your money back. Everytime I reply to your emails asap. If somehow need contact me, I still using my email mozolicknives@gmail.com
Milan - Thank you for reaching out by email. I have replied, listing once again the records I have. If there are messages or refunds that from you that I don't have listed, please forward me the records of those from your side. Otherwise, I stand by my position that I was not refunded the initial payment of Euro 250, and I had no email correspondence from you since April 18, 2021, until this evening, although I had sent three more messages in 2021.

A guy like Milan Mozolic, who apparently has no problem treating his customers like this, probably also will cut every other corner to maximize profits. I am talking about potentially using cheap materials or not taking enough time to finish the blades properly. One thing I learned in my few years of knife collecting, there are so many great makers to choose from!

Please, put people like this out of "business" by not ordering from them. Better for future victims and even better for Milan himself. Because it perhaps would keep him out of prison for his crimes. On the other hand, he could make a living in there producing high quality prison shanks. And if he not delivers according schedule they have their own speedy justice system in there. Probably the only way a guy like this learns and I even doubt that.

Just to keep a running account of his communications since Milan got back in touch last July:
22 July 2022: Will send pictures in next two weeks, before sending for heat treat.
1 September 2022: Knife is back from heat treat. Will assembly next week.
23 November 2022: Had to re-finish the blade. Will make sheath and send pictures in next couple of days.
15 Feb 2023: Will process and ship any day. Pictures later this week.

No response as yet to my last request for an update last week. And as before, I've not received the much-rumored pictures.

Back