• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Milan Mozolic - not to be trusted

Just to keep a running account of his communications since Milan got back in touch last July:
22 July 2022: Will send pictures in next two weeks, before sending for heat treat.
1 September 2022: Knife is back from heat treat. Will assembly next week.
23 November 2022: Had to re-finish the blade. Will make sheath and send pictures in next couple of days.
15 Feb 2023: Will process and ship any day. Pictures later this week.

No response as yet to my last request for an update last week. And as before, I've not received the much-rumored pictures.
So you are in year 5 of this scam. It's so fortunate you managed to get that second Paypal payment back...........One has to wonder how many others have been taken in that time. :rolleyes::(

Amazingly, this saga has continued. I reported in April last year, that the last communication from Milan Mozolic Milan Mozolic was in February. He got back in touch towards the middle of the year. Communication since:
7 May 2023: Knife and sheath completely finished. Please confirm address, so I can send it to you.
13 June 2023: I have to make you a new knife. Here's a photo. [For the first time, I received an actual photo of a blade blank.]
21 June 2023: Blade is heat-treated. [New photo sent showing HRC testing results.]
26 June 2023: I need to refinish the blade and do handle.
3 August 2023: Took longer than expected, but am finally done. What kind of sheath do you want?

Since then . . crickets. I actually got excited in the summer, seeing pictures of some work in progress for the first time. The knife was apparently finished in August (for the 5th time!), but no photos of the final product, and no communication since.

Hey Brummie have you still not heard back from Milan Mozolic?

I’m just curious because I recently started payment plan on Arizona Custom Knives for layaway for one of his Bowie knives. I had been eyeing it for a while now and finally was able to start a payment plan on it. It wasn’t until after I googled his name and saw this thread. You’d think I would have googled him being that way was eying this knife but all I went off of is seeing it on AZCK and being like “wow I want that Bowie” and just trusting that it’s a quality Bowie because it’s on the site.

I know I’m not dealing with Milan myself and my business is with AZCK but it does not make me feel good to support a maker who is a liar. Though I have to realize if I take notice of most of the maker’s of my knives are controversial yet I must have their knives. Such as Strider, Emerson, Chris Reeve even. People’s personalities can be abrasive and some might even have their integrity and word questioned but they have a notoriously successful product however that never excuses lying but also some people build their empires on lies.

Holy crap I’m rambling. I was just wondering what the situation was like an update and that I think it sucks I chose a Bowie made by a liar but damn it’s a nice Bowie. Im wrapping up my knife collection of about 11 knives, that’s my team. I had chosen that Bowie just looking at it and reading the description. I just found out about the maker’s lack of integrity recently though but I wonder if I still would have picked it up regardless. I’m not thinking resale value when I chose it, his reputation taking a dip and so it will probably depreciate I don’t know but I can’t afford to play this knife game where it gets to big and out of control and I can’t enjoy my knives. I think it’s wise to choose a team. I’m just in the back of my mind like it sucks the makers have bad reps but their knives prevail in my collection as the chosen ones.

Last edited:
Hey Brummie have you still not heard back from Milan Mozolic?

I’m just curious because I recently started payment plan on Arizona Custom Knives for layaway for one of his Bowie knives. I had been eyeing it for a while now and finally was able to start a payment plan on it. It wasn’t until after I googled his name and saw this thread. You’d think I would have googled him being that way was eying this knife but all I went off of is seeing it on AZCK and being like “wow I want that Bowie” and just trusting that it’s a quality Bowie because it’s on the site.

I know I’m not dealing with Milan myself and my business is with AZCK but it does not make me feel good to support a maker who is a liar. Though I have to realize if I take notice of most of the maker’s of my knives are controversial yet I must have their knives. Such as Strider, Emerson, Chris Reeve even. People’s personalities can be abrasive and some might even have their integrity and word questioned but they have a notoriously successful product however that never excuses lying but also some people build their empires on lies.

Holy crap I’m rambling. I was just wondering what the situation was like an update and that I think it sucks I chose a Bowie made by a liar but damn it’s a nice Bowie. Im wrapping up my knife collection of about 11 knives, that’s my team. I had chosen that Bowie just looking at it and reading the description. I just found out about the maker’s lack of integrity recently though but I wonder if I still would have picked it up regardless. I’m not thinking resale value when I chose it, his reputation taking a dip and so it will probably depreciate I don’t know but I can’t afford to play this knife game where it gets to big and out of control and I can’t enjoy my knives. I think it’s wise to choose a team. I’m just in the back of my mind like it sucks the makers have bad reps but their knives prevail in my collection as the chosen ones.
No, nothing since August last year.

As I said at the start of this thread, he does make very good knives. I wouldn't worry about buying one of his knives from a quality point of view. And I personally don't hold it against anyone who buys his products (I still own a couple). I just wouldn't advise anyone to order something to be made by him.

So sorry to hear about this whole experience Brummie Brummie . Given his history, I wouldn’t trust anything he said at all, I wouldn’t trust his heat treat, his HRC claims, or anything else for that matter. 5 years of this utter nonsense is complete insanity and bs on his part and I would never trust this individual ever. Appreciate you making all of us aware to stay away from this individual.

So sorry to hear about this whole experience Brummie Brummie . Given his history, I wouldn’t trust anything he said at all, I wouldn’t trust his heat treat, his HRC claims, or anything else for that matter. 5 years of this utter nonsense is complete insanity and bs on his part and I would never trust this individual ever. Appreciate you making all of us aware to stay away from this individual.
This. If you can't trust him to act as an honest businessman, how can you trust him to be an honest knife maker?

Doing a google search, it looks like Milan Mozolic is running a production company. He may not be making individual custom knives anymore. I don’t have Facebook or any other social media account, but I see a lot of pictures of Damascus steel patterned knives under his name. I would not trust the heat treat either.

This. If you can't trust him to act as an honest businessman, how can you trust him to be an honest knife maker?

Doing a google search, it looks like Milan Mozolic is running a production company. He may not be making individual custom knives anymore. I don’t have Facebook or any other social media account, but I see a lot of pictures of Damascus steel patterned knives under his name. I would not trust the heat treat either.
Exactly. Amazing how when your moral compass is corrupted everything is tainted.

Just to keep a running account of his communications since Milan got back in touch last July:
22 July 2022: Will send pictures in next two weeks, before sending for heat treat.
1 September 2022: Knife is back from heat treat. Will assembly next week.
23 November 2022: Had to re-finish the blade. Will make sheath and send pictures in next couple of days.
15 Feb 2023: Will process and ship any day. Pictures later this week.

No response as yet to my last request for an update last week. And as before, I've not received the much-rumored pictures.
Bru,
I can’t contribute much except to say you are a gentleman. Like you in the good ole days the builds he made and fulfilled (two ground up orders) were all good, then he went off the rail. I can’t think of a worse place than on BladeForum to disappoint and having had people ordering his reasonably priced knives, WOW the consequences.

Here is a guy in his far away land, we have no sure sense of how making a living there is, I felt I was helping him out, plus the product was worth the cost and the waiting.
It could have gone better for him to bow out and find a partner to create more business, then return in good standing.
Pretty sad because we on this forum may have a trust for his story, there must be a STORY……

UPDATE: Milan sent me an email on Thursday (whether prompted by the renewed activity on this thread or not, I don’t know).

Reportedly, the knife is done and will be Fedexed by Wednesday next week. I’ve asked for a photo and tracking info.

If this time is any different from the last half dozen times the knife was mailed or about to be mailed, I’ll update the thread.

I also remain willing to reinstate the 2nd payment if I do get a quality product in line with the original order.

Well, last week came and went. No photo, no tracking, no further communication. Feels like there just might be a pattern here . . . 🤔🤯

Back