How To Mosquito Problem

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Let's find out how to give the rest of them the same problem. I will do whatever it takes. Even if it means eating asparagross.

not my video

Mosquitoes you say, this is the worst I’ve ever seen in my life. From Oct of 2020, we were harvesting soybeans.
Pulling up to the field haven’t even come to a stop yet and took this pic on the leeward side of my truck in my mirror.
36EBD748-59B9-4E10-A07A-791FC301FFB4.jpeg

Driving out on a 2 mile gravel road, that is not smoke in the distance that is a swarm of mosquitoes about 25’ high just hovering over the entire length of the road and beyond. You can see them better in the distance where the sky is lighter and they seem to disappear but they are still solid above my truck. DDC06644-DB29-4374-962F-CAB492FC8A51.jpeg

I know it’s a poor quality pic, it’s a screenshot of a video but I’ll never forget it.

Last edited:
Check local dairy supply stores for some ld44z. It's a pyrethrin based insecticide/repellent. We always used it to fog the office out at the last farm I worked on.

Edit to add: I just looked, you can order it online

Another mosquito with a problem.

IMG-6017.jpg

IMG-6018.jpg

I live on the south side of Houston Texas, near the gulf coast. If it’s not the mosquito capital of the world, it’s in close contention. I use Spartan mosquito pro tech. Hang one in the front, one in the back. It works. It 100% works.
I dont know. where i live was called mosquito county and for good reason. until they changed the unpopular name and split the county up into smaller counties. I've been to Houston many times it's bad but not as bad as mosquito county, fl.....

course I'm gonna cede title to mosquito capital to our Louisiana farmer friend 3fifty7.....I've been to Louisiana a bunch and I think it holds the title most years......

I live in Florida as well and our property backs up to a swampy marshland. Surprisingly, mosquitos are not the worst pest. In order of annoyance+pain are 1)No-see-ums/Chiggers 2) Deerfly 3)Fire ants 4) Mosquitos. It's the chiggers that drive me indoors when they sense an easy meal.

I dont know. where i live was called mosquito county and for good reason. until they changed the unpopular name and split the county up into smaller counties. I've been to Houston many times it's bad but not as bad as mosquito county, fl.....

course I'm gonna cede title to mosquito capital to our Louisiana farmer friend 3fifty7.....I've been to Louisiana a bunch and I think it holds the title most years......
Yea Florida and Louisiana probably take the cake. I don’t know if it’s true but an old man told me a story about how in west Texas the mosquitoes are so thick the clog up cows nostrils and suffocate them.

Back