How To Mosquito Problem

I live in Florida as well and our property backs up to a swampy marshland. Surprisingly, mosquitos are not the worst pest. In order of annoyance+pain are 1)No-see-ums/Chiggers 2) Deerfly 3)Fire ants 4) Mosquitos. It's the chiggers that drive me indoors when they sense an easy meal.
that's why I started wearing pants as a kid. in shorts and flip flips those chiggers will eat ya alive. plus ticks. pants and boots help on that as well.

now fireants I learned as a small boy to avoid their mounds. they tend to stay in their mounds areas, and I'm good with that.

Sometimes their mounds are at the base of plants. I was digging up a plant and was swarmed by the aggressive little beasts. Good thing I had gloves on so the number of bites was greatly reduced.

Sometimes their mounds are at the base of plants. I was digging up a plant and was swarmed by the aggressive little beasts. Good thing I had gloves on so the number of bites was greatly reduced.
yep, they do like to build them in shady areas often for some reason.

there also impossible to get rid of. as ya kill them off theyll migrate from your neighbors property back to yours over time. those crazy ants tend to wipe them put though, but they're even worse to get rid of...

Back