New 710 release

So the base (production?) model with the grayish alum handle is priced at MSRP $450? If so, what would be the retail price? $300 or so am I right? Too steep a price to me. If it were titanium scale at $300 (keeping everything else the same), I'd buy one, maybe two.

Or $450 is already the retail price?

So the base (production?) model with the grayish alum handle is priced at MSRP $450? If so, what would be the retail price? $300 or so am I right? Too steep a price to me. If it were titanium scale at $300 (keeping everything else the same), I'd buy one, maybe two.

Or $450 is already the retail price?
From what I understand, $450 is the MSRP. So the street price is probably mid $300’s if I had to guess. But that’s only a guess. I’m a huge fan of the 710 so I would have no problem paying that.

Jumping on Knifecenter it appears MAP is 90% MSRP now, so that $450 MSRP base model will be $405 street/MAP
That’s more than I was hoping it’d be. But I can’t say I’m surprised. I still want one.

That’s more than I was hoping it’d be. But I can’t say I’m surprised. I still want one.
I paid $170 for the black/blue m390 exclusive in .. 2013 I think. Looks like that's ~$223 in today's dollars. Late edit: paid $150 in 2012 for the m390 black handle, so that'd be $200 today.

Screenshot-20240124-115934.png

If I can find a second hand one of these for $300ish I'll grab it (but I imagine that's unlikely). I like the look of the alu handles personally. I still have 2 or 3 m390s to fall back on fortunately if not.

Last edited:
Prices ARE NOT FINALIZED,

Alright so the Dama one (left in pic) is a limited 250 pcs Gold 710-241, Ti handles, aluminum inlays, custom clip, sweet backspacer etc. ~$1500 MSRP
The middle one is the in line version 710-24, S90V, aluminum handles, ~$450 MSRP
The right one is a limited edition 710-2401, Magnacut, aluminum handles, ~$TBD

25th anniversary of the Axis lock. Another tidbit to note, the 710 in 1999 went for $160-$190 MSRP depending on flavor.

I paid $170 for the black/blue m390 exclusive in .. 2013 I think. Looks like that's ~$223 in today's dollars.

If I can find a second hand one of these for $300ish I'll grab it (but I imagine that's unlikely). I like the look of the alu handles personally. I still have 2 or 3 m390s to fall back on fortunately if not.
I’m extremely envious. I like the new aluminum handle styling as well. June seems so far away.

I paid $170 for the black/blue m390 exclusive in .. 2013 I think. Looks like that's ~$223 in today's dollars.

The only 710 I have is the KW exclusive M390 blue/black g10 one. Wish I grabbed at least one when 710 was being discontinued (I recall the discounted price was $130ish).

Back to the topic of this thread, $405 for the alum-handled 710 is a tough pill to swallow. Well, at least I have one 710 now in my possession. Maybe time to shop for a set of scales and even with that my 710 is still well below $300.

Someone on FB said:

Middle one is base model. It will be S90V and an MSRP of $450. The black is a limited, Magnacut and MSRP of $650. The other is a Gold Class Damascus, and I think MSRP of $1500.

Edit: From the same conversation, the base model is aluminum btw, not titanium...in case you thought it might be from the price
Oh well, they priced me out of this one, like most of their knives lately.

Benchmade Benchmade

Jimmy, would it be possible for you to share more pics and details when they are available? Thanks

JonesE

So happy to see this! Love to see the 710 back in S90V and Magnacut. But...
What's up with the fde blades? Those two steels beg for satin. And handle designs are kind of busy. Not really in the theme of the original.

And pricing. Yikes. I've defended BM pricing for 20 years, but the last couple have really gotten out of hand. Back in 1999 street price was well below msrp, not just 10%. I'm thinking $110 was going price for 710HS back in the day. If new one was $270 like the g10 taggedout or M4 bailout I'd be happy to pay the BM tax. But $405, ouch. Aluminum isn't a high end or super desirable handle material, especially given the knife appears to have the full steel liners of the original.

I'm more excited by the new axis lock that's supposed to be stronger? I want to see what it looks like.

Back