New Becker Patrol Pack?

Creaky Bones

Gold Member
There’s a thread over on bcusa that says there’s a new version of the BPP about to be released with Ethan’s approval. Anyone here know anything about it? Here’s a pic-
ImRb7ms.jpg

Thread link is here- https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/becker-patrol-pack.317128/#post-5932654
If you can’t see the thread, here’s some spec info-

“Yes, all the outside pouches have pass throughs. They added cinch straps to the front pouches which were lacking on the original. Also side cinch straps for when the main bag isn’t totally full.

Plus, an upgraded/updated suspension system and internal frame sheet with aluminum stave, and a zippered admin lid pouch which should be really handy.

All the changes were approved by Mr. Becker.”

I really hope this is true!

Or the packs aren't what we think they are...?

Creaky Bones Creaky Bones I hope your right on the info.....😁

Whenever I see USA in the name I feel like it's a slight of hand. (Not saying That's happening here, idk?)
The OP of the thread on bcusa is the owner of Bongo Gear (I think). He has been posting some information on the scoutrifle.org forum I posted above. If he posts anything more on bcusa, I’ll pass the info along. He has some posts on a wilderness trip he was on with Joe Flowers in the Amazon and his IG page says he’s been making gear for 4 decades and has spent a lot of time ”operating internationally mostly in remote places and hostile environments”.

Last edited:
The OP of the thread on bcusa is the owner of Bongo Gear (I think). He has been posting some information on the scoutrifle.org forum I posted above. If he posts anything more on bcusa, I’ll pass the info along. He has some posts on a wilderness trip he was on with Joe Flowers in the Amazon and his IG page says he’s been making gear for 4 decades and has spent a lot of time ”operating internationally mostly in remote places and hostile environments”.

That sounds Awesome!

Ok, am I the only one who thinks a good hard use outdoor pack, would naturally go hand in hand with good hard use outdoor knives ? These should always be in stock at Kabar and their affiliates IMHO.

Personally, I think there should be an entire outdoor apparel line from either BK&T or Kabar. Simple things like a HD ground cloth, tarp shelter, sitting/kneeling pad, fire starting ditty bag, etc., either waxed cotton or oil cloth or HD treated Denier Nylon. They all go hand in hand with the outdoors. They all compliment each other.

Ok, am I the only one who thinks a good hard use outdoor pack, would naturally go hand in hand with good hard use outdoor knives ? These should always be in stock at Kabar and their affiliates IMHO.

Personally, I think there should be an entire outdoor apparel line from either BK&T or Kabar. Simple things like a HD ground cloth, tarp shelter, sitting/kneeling pad, fire starting ditty bag, etc., either waxed cotton or oil cloth or HD treated Denier Nylon. They all go hand in hand with the outdoors. They all compliment each other.

problem is that keeping stock costs money, esp when it's not moving, and people have their favorites and specialties

If they ever become available, I would buy one with all the improvements mentioned!

Last edited:
i'm kind of intrigued by the fabric choices as well. Ethan has been known to be very particular there...

the original Eagles as some of us have (or more), are a very soft cotton like material - it's QUIET. it echos the old military medical bags of yore and classic european rucksacks. it does NOT make noise like a lot of modern materials do and that was entirely the point. green, black, and a brown iirc, meant to blend in, hold a ton of stuff, with easy access to memorized locations in the dark with one hand, without making noise. good stuff.

i have two sizes, and i enjoy using them... the main issue for travel by plane for ME anyway, is that they are "too big" for carry on, and since they'd mostly be holding electronics/cameras/etc, checking is a no no; all those straps and external buckles just don't fit into the test bin, the overhead, etc. tried it once, was miserable, and i had to fight them checking it. planes are just made for those sleek internal frame posh ultralight condom bags that people seem to prefer using now - no external pockets or things to catch, straps disappear into hidden zippered things.

still, looking forward to seeing what happens. ideally more details dropped HERE by the people involved :)

... and that thread on BCUSA has been removed....??

The post is still up on the Scoutrifle.org
The Bongo guy did say they're in production (January 2022) so guess it wont be long before we start hearing some news.

Back