Not Whining, but would like a definative answer please

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, even companies like spyderco have delays. Do they talk as much in the forums or relay their message to people all the time? No. They don't show as many pictures either. They [spyderco, or even other manufacturers for that matter] and DPX are not obligated to do so. Take for example the Sage 3 that was due out late December [much like the estimation for the hest/f release], however its still not out yet. They haven't relayed why the delay in shipment, nor do they give a definite answer. And they cannot always do so, shit happens. Take it for what you will. How many "passionate" people are waiting for the sage 3? Or any other knife they release for that matter. Quite a bit I assume.

You know, even companies like spyderco have delays. Do they talk as much in the forums or relay their message to people all the time? No. They don't show as many pictures either. They [spyderco, or even other manufacturers for that matter] and DPX are not obligated to do so. Take for example the Sage 3 that was due out late December [much like the estimation for the hest/f release], however its still not out yet. They haven't relayed why the delay in shipment, nor do they give a definite answer. And they cannot always do so, shit happens. Take it for what you will. How many "passionate" people are waiting for the sage 3? Or any other knife they release for that matter. Quite a bit I assume.

I have no dog in this fight but find it silly to compare a well established market leader like Spyderco to a 100% outsourced startup with ~2 knives for sale... That being said I wish DPx all the luck in the world and hope to have a HEST of my own one day...

What does this mean? I don't understand....

I'll put it this way, and this is all I'll speak on it. The cart should have been pushed over a little later. Why would "a company" do that? It's like of like stabbing someone in the back, and wishing them well. :mad: That's how I feel. Dirty pool, man. :grumpy:

I think there is plenty of whining/bitching from both sides.

If someone asks a legitimate question to RYP or to DPX Gear as a whole (especially if it has anything to do with a shipping date), there seem to be 10 guys that jump in and tell him to quit whining/crying. That's just fanning the flames into a bitch-fest and its not really helpful.

By that same token a lot of the questions being asked are accompanied by a bunch of whining and bitching - which also isn't helping.

The rest of us just sit and watch the embarrassment while drudging through all the BS in the various threads to find enough info to see when/where the knives are coming in.

I'm expecting the knives to be Stateside within a week or two, and then shipped out to us after RYP has inspected/tightened them (which should take about another week or so).

I'm going to optimistically expect to see the knife around February 11th. If not, I'm sure there will be plenty of BS, bitching, whining, and crappy-comments to sift through that I'll have a new expected date.

^^^THIS! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'll put it this way, and this is all I'll speak on it. The cart should have been pushed over a little later. Why would "a company" do that? It's like of like stabbing someone in the back, and wishing them well. :mad: That's how I feel. Dirty pool, man. :grumpy:

Sorry, but thats just kinda...dumb

ESEE made it clear why they split with Ryp and vice versa. There were issues that couldn't have been overcome. So what you are saying is even tho they were not happy for whatever reason they should have stayed long enough for the product to be released.

At that point they would have their name on a product they were not 100% satisfied with. And any future issues with that product they were not 100% satisfied with would have had to be handed by them. Just so you could get your hands on the knife sooner.

Shit happens, and it is better they bailed out when they did than wait, IMO.

There have been no ill feelings between Jeff, Mike and Ryp (at least shown in public), so lets get over it and just wait patiently for the knives.

Some comments.

The knife industry is an interesting beast. Ideally you would do a Steve Jobs and have all your product made secretly and released in stores the day you reveal it. That works fine if you spend millions in R&D, research and have a captive upgrade audience.

The knife industry is the reverse. Manufacturers announce products, partnerships etc waaaay in advance to keep people on the hook and tie up their dollars. When they release the knife the customers have shared in every lurid or interesting detail along the way. Its an interesting balance of involving your customers or simply leading the market. DPx has a number of secret projects that will magically appear and we have some long term development projects that we encourage input.

Either way I think its fun (and sometimes frustrating) to watch a product being designed, built and tweaked and wait patiently for delivery. My goal is to under promise and over deliver so that the actual product exceeds expectations. As Tomso mentioned the DPx HESt really feels wonderful in you hand and Gianni did a great job bring my vision of a hostile environment folder to life. But lets let the owners weigh in when they get their HESTs and have a chance to run it through its paces.

That kinda makes us all "developers"

Sorry, but thats just kinda...dumb

ESEE made it clear why they split with Ryp and vice versa. There were issues that couldn't have been overcome. So what you are saying is even tho they were not happy for whatever reason they should have stayed long enough for the product to be released.

At that point they would have their name on a product they were not 100% satisfied with. And any future issues with that product they were not 100% satisfied with would have had to be handed by them. Just so you could get your hands on the knife sooner.

Shit happens, and it is better they bailed out when they did than wait, IMO.

There have been no ill feelings between Jeff, Mike and Ryp (at least shown in public), so lets get over it and just wait patiently for the knives.

This has nothing to do with ME wanting to get my hands on the knife sooner. In fact it has nothing to do with me. You say "they" were not 100% satisfied with the product? That's not even what "Jeff" said. He said they were "going in another direction". And your opinion is just that, your opinion. And we all know what those are like.

Then ESEE decided to tip over the apple cart literally days before the product was supposed to start shipping and payment was due.

Not going to get into a debate here on the forums but this is not true.

We wish RYP and Dpx the very best in business. I have no no doubt that knives will be delivered and everything will work out. It's a good product with a good designer and a good maker.

Jeff

Not going to get into a debate here on the forums but this is not true.

We wish RYP and Dpx the very best in business. I have no no doubt that knives will be delivered and everything will work out. It's a good product with a good designer and a good maker.

Jeff

Nothing to debate. It is true. Watched you pull the rug out from under this deal. Then you wished him well. Very passive aggressive. Like a St. Bernard. Piss on your feet and lick you in the face at the same time.

Whatever you care to believe is good with me. We wish RYP and DPx the best and will continue to help them any way we can in this industry.

Good with me too. Continue to help? That's funny as hell. I'm sure RYP will be calling on you in the very near future.

Man, someone has crawled up you and rattled you around a bit. We still love you though ;)

I don't know anything about either company but I really think that it does not serve the greater good for one company to be blaming the other for their inability to get a knife out. Whatever the case might be perhaps some shiny footprints might be in order.

That's not even what "Jeff" said. He said they were "going in another direction". And your opinion is just that, your opinion. And we all know what those are like.

So you could say that Jeff and Mike were not 100% satisfied with the product.

However you word it, it obviously made sense for all parties involved that ESEE and DPx part ways. The fact the the Hest/f was almost ready to ship under the ESEE banner is pure happenstance. People who have their panties in a wad need to get over it.

Deceit tends to do that to me. :barf:

feel free to cancel any order you have placed, you obviously sound very unsatisfied with both ESEE and DPx.

Feel free to send your ESEE knives to me, I promice i will dispose of them for you.

Whatever happened is between them and should stay that way. Dragging it around behind a horse here will do no good. I respect and admire both parties originally involved, and from personal experience I know she-ite happens and people disagree, and there ain't no amount of beechin about any thing gonna get anyone their knife any faster. This is not directed at anyone in particular, just how I feel after watching this forum get HOSTILE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back