Pictures here! On the Bench

Wzu24x5.jpg
This is pretty cool!!!!!

This is pretty cool!!!!!
the knife they're going on has a 2000 grit finish, (so far). I'm not sure it's far enough, but I don't have any higher grits- except for the paper you sent! I think I saw some 2500 there....
hamon activity on this blade is gorgeous, I wana do right by it!

the knife they're going on has a 2000 grit finish, (so far). I'm not sure it's far enough, but I don't have any higher grits- except for the paper you sent! I think I saw some 2500 there....
hamon activity on this blade is gorgeous, I wana do right by it!
Right on!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it!!!!!!

back to the Branson co-lab
hours and hours and hours of tedious hand sanding. Spent about 6 hours today bringing this one side to 1000 grit from 130 😬
I think I've had it for today. Tomorrow I'll finish this side at 2500 grit and ideally I'll attach the handle scales the day after.
this project is kicking my ass!
fuSuNmz.jpg

my second crack at heirloom fit + tapered tang...some of the mistakes I made the first time around seem to have not been repeated so I'm pretty happy about that!
there's gonna be some other stuff going on with this handle, stuff I haven't really done before, so fingers are still crossed

I had something overly complicated in mind for this handle, but since I already over complicated it, I figured less is more, simple is good.
This is just off the grinder- there will be some hand work before I can call it a day on this

there will be etching and sharpening, maybe a few more coats of tung finish
sheath is almost done. Might have to make a display for this piece as well.

Back