Pictures here! On the Bench

there's nothing quite like the feeling of gluing everything up, and then pressing in perfectly fit pins with the vise. Contrast that with the feeling of trying to push imperfectly fit pins through with all that uncured epoxy!

spent a few hours grinding handles today. I'll finish them up by hand
S92uyKf.jpg

ok, well I guess there's a tiny bit of sanding to go on a couple of handles- turns out a lack of symmetry when it comes to handles drives me a little crazy. Blades were cleaned up today and I've started cutting leather. I think I'll get all the sheaths to the wet molding stage before I get back to the knives- I'll grind in the edge bevels when the sheaths are drying and save the final hand sharpening until the sheaths are done.

This is pretty much 95% how they all are going to look in the end. Well, minus the filter, lol.
2aPqjbG.jpg

ok, well I guess there's a tiny bit of sanding to go on a couple of handles- turns out a lack of symmetry when it comes to handles drives me a little crazy. Blades were cleaned up today and I've started cutting leather. I think I'll get all the sheaths to the wet molding stage before I get back to the knives- I'll grind in the edge bevels when the sheaths are drying and save the final hand sharpening until the sheaths are done.

This is pretty much 95% how they all are going to look in the end. Well, minus the filter, lol.
2aPqjbG.jpg

Nice looking batch! :thumbsup:

What is the natural handle scale material used on the one 2nd from right?

2aPqjbG.jpg
They all look sweet. 👍 The one on the far left catches my eye first, but the one next to it looks like a real versatile little knife.

Back