Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Hey guys, sorry had a crazy work week and just now checking in. EMCEE EMCEE you are correct. It is the Trail Cutlet, I believe the slightly younger brother of the Trail Cutlass. It's a one off prototype that Lorien Lorien made for Nathan as a potential future chopper. It is a beautiful badass blade!

The entire knife was finished by hand by Lorien, and the craftsmanship is incredible, so much so that I haven't been able to bring myself to use it, which is a tragedy because every detail of Lorien's design of this blade is meant for it to be used! Even the leather sheath Lorien made for it is terrific! I usually try to have two of each CPK model, one to use and one to keep perfect. But I obviously can't do that with a one-off blade, so as of know I've only admired it.

And yes Emcee you are correct, you and and @dericdesmond both apparently fondled this knife to an almost creepy, awkward and uncomfortable level at Blade 2023 😜! Because of that, I was torn when I got it. Do I never clean it ever to preserve the DNA you both left? Or do I immediately clean and sanitize it? I cleaned it! 😆
Doesn’t matter what you do. Knife love don’t wash off ! 🤤

Been wanting to take this pic for a while ....

i-Q6XfN3p-X2.jpg

Today's knife photos come with a little story, hope you don't mind the longer post.

Both my parents left us in the last 3 years: my mom passed in 2020, followed by my dad last Dec. My sisters were kind enough to leave me my dad's film camera, a Leicaflex that he acquired in the early 70s. He carried that camera everywhere, shooting slides exclusively, and about once every two months we would see slide shows on Saturdays after dinner - it was part of the family routine. There are literally thousands of his slides left in his estate, which we are still organizing.

The Leicaflex broke down in the early 2010s, mirror loose, desilvered prism, timing off, etc. So I sent it for my dad to the mothership in Wetzlar where it was completely overhauled. After half a year, when I returned the camera to my dad however, he had switched to digital, and had decided to stop using film. So, since then, the camera sat packed away in his office desk, unused.

I used to be much deeper into film photography, developing, scanning and post-processing black and white film about once a week, being an active member in a camera forum, etc. Then, in 2014, my wife gave me a digital camera for Christmas, making me abandon film as well. Still, I have a dedicated freezer full of film, both 35mm and 6x6, stashed away 10 years ago for when the film bug would bite me again. And, to be honest, I miss the smell of fixer on Sunday mornings :)

Anyways, for the first time after 10 years, I took a few negative rools out of my freezer and ran the Leicaflex through it's paces over the last few weeks, and it still works beautifully. So today you get a Leicaflex photo of two of my favorite knives:

This is digital, obviously:

i-T3gSGhQ-X2.jpg

This is a photo of me and my older sister taken by my mom, in the mid 70s. Back then, my mom used an even older camera, that broke down long ago. The reason why I'm showing this, is my dad's camera on the rocks in the foreground.

i-GnjPR7p-X2.jpg

And here are low resolution lab scans that I received yesterday, from the first roll I ran through my dad's Leica a couple of weeks ago:

i-ZnrqtMP-X2.jpg

i-NFJBxWb-X2.jpg

We'll be moving soon. Afterwards, the plan is to shoot more film again. I still have to dig out my development equipment, see if my scanner is still functional, etc. Hopefully , you'll see some more film pictures later in the year :)

Roland.

(Cross-posted with the EDC thread ...)

Today's knife photos come with a little story, hope you don't mind the longer post.

Both my parents left us in the last 3 years: my mom passed in 2020, followed by my dad last Dec. My sisters were kind enough to leave me my dad's film camera, a Leicaflex that he acquired in the early 70s. He carried that camera everywhere, shooting slides exclusively, and about once every two months we would see slide shows on Saturdays after dinner - it was part of the family routine. There are literally thousands of his slides left in his estate, which we are still organizing.

The Leicaflex broke down in the early 2010s, mirror loose, desilvered prism, timing off, etc. So I sent it for my dad to the mothership in Wetzlar where it was completely overhauled. After half a year, when I returned the camera to my dad however, he had switched to digital, and had decided to stop using film. So, since then, the camera sat packed away in his office desk, unused.

I used to be much deeper into film photography, developing, scanning and post-processing black and white film about once a week, being an active member in a camera forum, etc. Then, in 2014, my wife gave me a digital camera for Christmas, making me abandon film as well. Still, I have a dedicated freezer full of film, both 35mm and 6x6, stashed away 10 years ago for when the film bug would bite me again. And, to be honest, I miss the smell of fixer on Sunday mornings :)

Anyways, for the first time after 10 years, I took a few negative rools out of my freezer and ran the Leicaflex through it's paces over the last few weeks, and it still works beautifully. So today you get a Leicaflex photo of two of my favorite knives:

i-T3gSGhQ-X2.jpg

This is a photo of me and my older sister taken by my mom, in the mid 70s. Back then, my mom used an even older camera, that broke down long ago. The reason why I'm showing this, is my dad's camera on the rocks in the foreground.

i-GnjPR7p-X2.jpg

And here are low resolution lab scans that I received yesterday, from the first roll I ran through my dad's Leica a couple of weeks ago:

i-ZnrqtMP-X2.jpg

i-NFJBxWb-X2.jpg

We'll be moving soon. Afterwards, the plan is to shoot more film again. I still have to dig out my development equipment, see if my scanner is still functional, etc. Hopefully , you'll see some more film pictures later in the year :)

Roland.

(Cross-posted with the EDC thread ...
Thank you ! This has been a touching and interesting history and read. My day is set with positivity after starting it this way. Again, thank you.

i-T3gSGhQ-X2.jpg

i-GnjPR7p-X2.jpg

i-ZnrqtMP-X2.jpg

i-NFJBxWb-X2.jpg

Roland.

Can't wait to see more of your film pics!!!!!!

Roland.

That is a really cool story Roland and thank you for sharing!

Back then with film cameras, photographs used to mean so much more and each told a story. You would definitely make the shots count when you had to take them to get developed. Then wait, and was so excited to get them back to see how they turned out.

Much different today, people taking hundreds of meaningless selfies and random pics.

Look forward to seeing more.

i-T3gSGhQ-X2.jpg

i-GnjPR7p-X2.jpg

i-ZnrqtMP-X2.jpg

i-NFJBxWb-X2.jpg

Roland.

One of my first jobs was working in a drive through one hour photo place. As a 15 year old, I saw some things. It was a pretty interesting job sometimes.

Back