Quartermaster QRTMSTR Knife Company Allegations (if you have proof I would like to see it)

You should go on facebook, look up dripping wet car wash in texas and ask Jared the address of the building he sold in order to buy the car wash hes currently running and see if he is using his declassified area 51 security equipment at the car wash to protect his soap and rag collection and water supply 😂😂

Look at the pics on their Google maps info, half those cars were never there. He lies even in the carwash business.
Screenshot_20230927_091506_Maps.jpg

I know you make knives. Part of what I do is I help people choose an appropriate analysis technique and to assess analytical results to assure the results meet the needs of the person using those results to make decisions.

The XRF compares its measurements to the partial set of elemental specs for 440C that it can quantitate. If the C was 0.5% it wouldn’t be 440C but that XRF won’t know it and will still tell you it is 440C. Since your analysis didn’t cover C did you really have sufficient data to decide it was 440C? Maybe, it depends upon how sure you need to be. C should be 0.9-1.2 in 440C per ASTM A276.

The XRF states V is 0.18, but there is no spec for V in 440c. I think some cutlers like V in their steel and would be happy to have it.

The Cr at 16.1 is just within the spec of 16-18. Do some cutlers like Cr to be on the high end of that range? For Cr with the 2std of the results being 0.3, there is an ~5% chance Cr could be as low as 15.7. To be sure 95% sure it meets spec, one would prefer the Cr to be 16.3.

Good points. The XRF was never meant to identify materials exactly. XRF's do not detect low atomic number elements, of which Carbon and Nitrogen are a few. The purpose of the XRF in many metals supply industries is to verify that a certain steel is used. And when it comes to detecting proper elements, like Manganese, vanadium, Cobalt, it does a pretty good job. I have used it to verify countless metals and it does work. The most important thing is to make sure you have a very clean sample to test. The cutoff tends to be around an atomic number of 11. Anything below that will not be detected. And there is a larger error in the elements it does detect.

Here is an example of a test I did 10 years ago. I expected both knives to have the same analysis, but as you can clearly see, one has Cobalt and Nickel and the other does not. That is a clear and obvious difference. Since that time I have retested many times and have gotten consistent results with this.

VpBi5he.jpg

The use of XRF wasn’t to provide an exact identification of the alloy in the context of this thread - it was to demonstrate that the alloy used wasn’t the alloy specified by Quartrmster. Elements that XRF can identify and that are in the claimed alloy used are missing from the sample. That’s all that’s important in the context of this thread. Had it been necessary to precisely identify the alloy in question, it would be another story, but it’s not.

I’m just trying to keep MY posts in this thread relevant, Cobalt. Not a retort against your post - just stating why I posted the way I did previously. :thumbsup:

About 3 years ago I bought a quartermaster without knowing anything about them. Got home and googled them, found info on this sight. Returned it the next day and exchanged it for 3 benchmades

Back