Quick poll for new leather slip for BF bunny knife?

Create a limited slip sheath for the new bunny knife?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Python Embossed

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Distressed Brown

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Distressed Beige

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Folks,

Do I keep the tradition alive and create an new leather slip for the bunny knife this year?

Let me know your thoughts! I’m up for it if you are down for it! 😁

After using a couple of your squeeze sheaths I just couldn’t let this opportunity pass by. Coleman I’d like to put my order in also. Thanks Sir!

Gentlemen,

This year the plan is to have some softer more plush leather…is there any opposition to this?

Ok, so…this may or may not be the final shape…I made these as a few sheath examples of leather that is possible for this year’s sheath.
What are your votes. :)
F784CCA8-A119-4099-A612-EA195E83175B.jpeg
15CA9A99-94EA-4321-9B36-21B542E5CE78.jpegCFF62741-BC02-4096-9F04-E3209063710B.jpeg90634947-725E-4594-AF7C-F2B8AF9F98B7.jpeg
I will be showing the final sheath design after the arrival of my bunny knife. Gotta have the fit perfect!

Ok, so…this may or may not be the final shape…I made these as a few sheath examples of leather that is possible for this year’s sheath.
What are your votes. :)
View attachment 1961100
View attachment 1961104View attachment 1961105View attachment 1961106
I will be showing the final sheath design after the arrival of my bunny knife. Gotta have the fit perfect!
Really like the one that looks like a snake's belly. When you put the knife in it, it will be like a boa or python is swallowing a bunny!

Really like the one that looks like a snake's belly. When you put the knife in it, it will be like a boa or python is swallowing a bunny!

That’s awesome. Haha! The snakes belly is the right or left one? :D

They all look good to me, tho I gotta say: "a hair on hare skin/leather slip might would be nifty cool and fitting for a bunny knife." 😇

They all look good to me, tho I gotta say: "a hair on hare skin/leather slip might would be nifty cool and fitting for a bunny knife." 😇

Hare (hair) off or on! Haha.

I did have that thought, but rabbit leather is pretty thin. 😬

Last edited:
Colman, I’d be down for one in a darker shade. Will there be an imprint on the slip unique to the knife? I’m good either way. Looking forward to seeing the final choice.
Cheers!

Colman, I’d be down for one in a darker shade. Will there be an imprint on the slip unique to the knife? I’m good either way. Looking forward to seeing the final choice.
Cheers!

I have a “bunny” stamp on the way…undecided on where it may show up on the slip sheath, but final design will be posted in the order thread when design is decided. :)

This stamp will only be used on the BF Bunny Knife Slip Sheath

Hare (hair) of or on! Haha.
"Yes" or "both". 😁
I'd forgotten bunny leather is thin.
I guess the Rabbit fur "Full Dress" Sporrans must have a bovine, goat or pig leather backing behind the furry parts for strength and to hold the shape when loaded.

I like the darker brown and the bunny stamp is great. I like the scaled slips, but think a bunny stamp might look better on the smooth leather?

I'm up for one either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back