Quick poll for new leather slip for BF bunny knife?

Create a limited slip sheath for the new bunny knife?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Python Embossed

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Distressed Brown

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Distressed Beige

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes" or "both". 😁
I'd forgotten bunny leather is thin.
I guess the Rabbit fur "Full Dress" Sporrans must have a bovine, goat or pig leather backing behind the furry parts for strength and to hold the shape when loaded.

I would assume so, but couldn’t say for sure.
I’m definitely not qualified to answer that particular wondering without some research.

I'm interested in one as well. I had to LOL at the idea of a snake having swallowed the bunny knife. Since the scales will be ebony, a darker color is probably better, but whatever works. Too bad you already have a bunny stamp coming. Heathenhymnal came up with a clever sketch of a bunny with the clip and pen blades as ears. Not sure if I can copy it here, but the sketch is on page 37 of Sparks' forum knife thread, post 725.

I like the darker brown and the bunny stamp is great. I like the scaled slips, but think a bunny stamp might look better on the smooth leather?

I'm up for one either way!
I second that.

The darker, smooth leather will accommodate the stamp more prevalently, and is a statement of simplicity, very much like the bunny knife in itself.

My vote would be the dark, plain leather. The idea of the snake embossed one is kind of amusing, though. Regardless I'll be in for one, whatever it ends up being!

I like the dark plain leather, but an in for one no matter what the committee chooses!

Before we all get too carried away, love the kindness and enthusiasm though, this is NOT the order thread. :(

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in what leather to use. :)

There are many steps left for me to determine the number of sheaths I can make in my allotted time frame, design (finished look) and cost.

These three options…python embossed, distressed brown and the distressed beige.
All three of these options are an oil tanned pre-dyed leather so more expensive than veg tanned.

The basic construction will be the leather chosen lined with thin veg tanned leather. The overall thickness is thinner than last years for all three examples.

The python leather is the firmest leather of the three, with the distressed beige being super soft.

Just a little info, so please vote in the first post if possible. I will change the choices for vote as there is enough interest for a slip this year.

Looking forward to this folks!! 😎😎

(I reserve the right for final design and material choice)

Funny story…I’m sitting here wondering why no one was voting…embarrassing to say, but I’ve been thinking this for a few days now.

I JUST realized that I can’t see the results because I didn’t vote. Ahahahahaha!!! 🤦‍♂️

Funny story…I’m sitting here wondering why no one was voting…embarrassing to say, but I’ve been thinking this for a few days now.

I JUST realized that I can’t see the results because I didn’t vote. Ahahahahaha!!! 🤦‍♂️

I can't laugh ... I thought it was just a "yes" vote until I looked again ... dohhhh! lol

I had to change my yes vote to pick one color choice. Vote in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back