Random Thought Thread

I met a friend that I’ve known since I was 4 years old, his brother, and his dad for lunch yesterday at a pub known for great burgers. It was great to see them all again. I’m not ashamed to say that one of the highlights of being out was watching everyone that walked towards the restroom in that establishment trip on a slight rise/ramp in the floor that is completely unmarked. One lady went down , somewhat gracefully, but still managed to somehow blow both of her shoes off on impact.
She appeared to be fine otherwise and with how hard it was for her to stand back up and get moving I don’t think that she was sober enough for her pride to be injured either. If I go back there again I’m sitting where I can have a clear view of that ramp.
Women have their own cross to bear.

When they wear pantyhose, every time they fart, their ankles swell.

So my friend that let me borrow his power washer stopped over with beer to get it working, then another friend stopped out with beer... then another stopped out with his daughter to say hello

As you can see by the beer cans all over..... it was a fun night (and I never used the power washer hahahaha)

Hope all of you are having great weekends!!!

Last edited:
Back to the 2024 NFL Draft were I left off a few pages back . . .

the drafting of 2 WRs, 1 RB 1 OL, 1 Safety & 1CB so far still leaves certain needs unmet & it'll be interesting to see who they choose w/their last 2 picks of this year's draft.

Here's a final update and a detailed article (including a "Deeper Pick Analysis") about each of the Niners' 2024 Draft picks that generally leave me and people more football knowledgeable than me scratching their heads:

2024 NFL Draft: Something On Each 49ers Pick

-----------------------------------------------

The Niners really needed to BEEF UP their OL to give Purdy more time to throw (which he didn't get against the Chiefs in the SB) and to allow time for plays to develop but they only picked 2 O-Linemen late in the draft, one of whom is considered "developmental."

Then the picked 2 undersized (but fast & agile) WRs which seems unnecessary if Aiyuk & Debbo stay, except to add a 3rd layer to that position.

And then they picked an often injured (and questionable) RB who won't see much playing time, behind McCaffery unless Mitchell and/or Mason get hurt.

And then they pick 2 aggressive (but questionable) LB/DBs who will have to try to find a role behind at least 5 other LB/DBs already on the roster.

And then they pick an undersized & aggressive (but questionable) CB, which is position that needs more improvement than that.

-----------------------------------------------

So, those were the Niners' 8 draft picks for 2024. Only 2 OL, no TEs and 6 other players of questionable ability in positions already stacked w/veteran players and/or with greater need than the draft pick(s) provide.

Note how often I use the word QUESTIONABLE in the descriptions above. 🤔

Maybe I just can't see what geniuses Lynch & Co are or maybe there just weren't the "right" players available when their time to pick came up but, whatever the case, I don't see the Niners improving over last year unless they make some further trades before the next season begins. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I kind of pissed off everyone on Cummins forum. I guess they don’t like people who ditch them and go buy a real truck(Ford).

You have to admit, although the Fords are a pain in the ass cuz they're complicated and they break in annoying ways, you see the heavy duty Ford trucks used in industry way more than the others

I've made it my mission to reach out to the masses with these important insights.

It's part of my "Things Your Mom Won't Tell You" lecture series.

🤣
I’ll ad a fact many of you didn’t want to know.
Time frame, 1999 - 2002. I rode a BMW R1100RT, and attended rally’s. BMW riders are…well, different. No offense.
It was a well known and excepted fact, many guys wore pantyhose vs long underwear.
It seems, they felt it provided just the right level of insulation.
I don’t know if this is still a thing.
Maybe someone should ask around at Sturgis.

Well...

index.php

🤣

I rode a BMW (rental from Denver) up to Montana in 2000 to visit Rob Simonich. Damn thing broke down in Gallatin Bypass some miles from Bozeman. (Both throttle cables snapped). 4th of July weekend, wouldn't you know?

I’ll ad a fact many of you didn’t want to know.
Time frame, 1999 - 2002. I rode a BMW R1100RT, and attended rally’s. BMW riders are…well, different. No offense.
It was a well known and excepted fact, many guys wore pantyhose vs long underwear.
It seems, they felt it provided just the right level of insulation.
I don’t know if this is still a thing.
Maybe someone should ask around at Sturgis.

"Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" is an amazing book.

I mean really good.

If you haven't read it, stop whatever frivolous nonsense you're doing now and go read it.

I wonder how many people bought a BMW motorcycle after reading that book?

"Gold's electrons move so fast that they exhibit relativistic contraction, shifting the wavelength of light absorbed to blue and reflecting the opposite color: golden yellow."

I think it's pretty cool that aspects of relativity contribute to the appearance of the color of gold.

Random thought number three for today:

Having a dog like Sadie in the home means, when a dog comes up in your peripheral vision you don't just reach out and pet it. You need to be very careful where you place your hands around that dog, so you look to see what, exactly, you're petting.

Back