Random Thought Thread

"Gold's electrons move so fast that they exhibit relativistic contraction, shifting the wavelength of light absorbed to blue and reflecting the opposite color: golden yellow."

I think it's pretty cool that aspects of relativity contribute to the appearance of the color of gold.

I think that this is what actually started the down-the-rabbit-hole of quantum mechanics. In the 1900's when Kaiser's Germany was becoming more industrialized and incorporating electric light bulbs in streetlamps as opposed to kerosene or whatever other lamps that they used to use, it was intriguing and baffling as to why the light bulb filament would not go from red to blue as the current was cranked up, instead going from a reddish hue to golden yellow. However, my information on physics is a bit rusty because of my age so I may be piecing a bunch of stuff together as facts!

Here's a final update and a detailed article (including a "Deeper Pick Analysis") about each of the Niners' 2024 Draft picks that generally leave me and people more football knowledgeable than me scratching their heads:

2024 NFL Draft: Something On Each 49ers Pick

-----------------------------------------------

The Niners really needed to BEEF UP their OL to give Purdy more time to throw (which he didn't get against the Chiefs in the SB) and to allow time for plays to develop but they only picked 2 O-Linemen late in the draft, one of whom is considered "developmental."

Then the picked 2 undersized (but fast & agile) WRs which seems unnecessary if Aiyuk & Debbo stay, except to add a 3rd layer to that position.

And then they picked an often injured (and questionable) RB who won't see much playing time, behind McCaffery unless Mitchell and/or Mason get hurt.

And then they pick 2 aggressive (but questionable) LB/DBs who will have to try to find a role behind at least 5 other LB/DBs already on the roster.

And then they pick an undersized & aggressive (but questionable) CB, which is position that needs more improvement than that.

-----------------------------------------------

So, those were the Niners' 8 draft picks for 2024. Only 2 OL, no TEs and 6 other players of questionable ability in positions already stacked w/veteran players and/or with greater need than the draft pick(s) provide.

Note how often I use the word QUESTIONABLE in the descriptions above. 🤔

Maybe I just can't see what geniuses Lynch & Co are or maybe there just weren't the "right" players available when their time to pick came up but, whatever the case, I don't see the Niners improving over last year unless they make some further trades before the next season begins. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know if you have seen this compilation of all the grades given by pundits and such, but here you go FWIW. I personally believe that at the end of the day, it comes down to the organization and coaching how to harness the best out of their players but pundits gotta do what pundits do to get their clicks and rise outta the fans:

View attachment 2560943

🤣 if only it were that easy lol, good one haha!

#obviouslynotNathan Fireman’s knife available though lol.

DEK 3’s are 2 weeks out

Chris, I've already done my CPK civic duties by buying 2 of those and then encouraging another CPK brother to grab a spare one, but I'm not opposed to another additional one or two if Nathan is willing to sweeten the deal by say, a Ninja Sword? ;)

I should have bought a Powerstroke years ago, Nate keep all that bad luck to you please.

I am very pleased with maintenance intervals compared to the Cummins. Ford says starting with 2020 trucks, that fuel filters only need changed every 30k miles. That’s nuts. 😳😍

And man changing oil on this thing is going to be so easy! No more busted knuckles and swearing to get that damn oil filter off the Cummins block. 😍👍🏻

Back