Pre Order REK Ember 3.0 Pocket Sheaths - Second run CLOSED

Thank you so much, Coleman!
I will go with the silver clip and grommets, matte or brushed if that's an option. Ill go with black for the thread.
And again, thank you very much!
My pleasure.

ATTENTION!

To all owners of the taco style Ember 3.0 sheath sold in this thread. Important!

I have come across a concern while using my 3.0 pocket sheath and user input. While the welt is very durable, REK knives are very, very sharp. The issue is that if you don’t hit the center of the sheath while inserting the knife, the Embers could slice through the sheath.

I would highly suggest not re-sheathing the Ember while the sheath is in your pocket. If the knife is inserted twisted a little it is possible it could cut through the sheath.

I know that nothing is ever perfect, however my friend’s and customer’s safety is first and foremost.

So for the 6 sheath owners that are out there, I will let you decide if you would like to keep your sheath, or send it back for a full refund.
For those of you that have one on order you have the option of backing out of your pre-order.

Already purchased one…
1. Blues Blues
2. C Coach23
3. pat9198 pat9198
4. Big DJ Big DJ
5. woodysone woodysone
6. Cwilliams563 Cwilliams563

Pre-ordered
1. moparsbob moparsbob
2. jlauffer jlauffer
3. Eternal Edge Eternal Edge
4. BIGDORK BIGDORK

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Last edited:
I’m keeping mine, I do appreciate the concerns and warning. I’ve been taking the sheath out of my pocket to reinsert the knife already, so nothing will change as far as that goes. And I’ll be careful not to send it through. Thanks Coleman, it’s all good!
😎👍

I’m keeping mine, I do appreciate the concerns and warning. I’ve been taking the sheath out of my pocket to reinsert the knife already, so nothing will change as far as that goes. And I’ll be careful not to send it through. Thanks Coleman, it’s all good!
😎👍
☺️ The concern is not that the Ember will poke through the sheath it’s that it may cut the opening of the sheath if inserted crooked…just to clairify. :)

I'll keep an eye on it, Coleman. I've been wearing the sheepsfoot as a neck knife mostly, so it hasn't lived in the sheath much. I was planning on using it more with the incoming drop point.

I'll give it a look in a few minutes to see if I see any kind of cuts or wear.

I'll keep an eye on it, Coleman. I've been wearing the sheepsfoot as a neck knife mostly, so it hasn't lived in the sheath much. I was planning on using it more with the incoming drop point.

I'll give it a look in a few minutes to see if I see any kind of cuts or wear.
The SF is more likely to do this to the sheath because the blades cutting edge drops down below the handle.
I haven’t had an issue with my DP.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and updates on their sheath use, and thanks Coleman for your post...I prefer being a guinea pig 🐖 🤣...so I'd still like mine please...but you know that means you have to get it to me sooner so I don't change my mind 🤪😉

Thanks for the heads up and offer Coleman. My 3.0 DP is scheduled to be in Monday (hoped it was gonna show up today but no such luck). I’ll be careful with it and take your words of caution, but will hang onto mine as well.

Back