Russell Green River Knives

Not so much Green River Knives as we commonly think of the Skinner pattern, but John Russell Cutlery anyway......

Nice ol Box....

zTjJx3y.jpg

Outstanding Stag used on this awesome John Russell Carving set..

u0q86dV.jpg

PEUKlf5.jpg

I had some photos of a handful of John Russell Table Knives, around the Civil War ear- may be pre or post as I am not too sure, but can't seem to dig them up.

I really like your knife. Just ordered a couple Green River blade blanks. You say that your knife is 2 years old - did you do anything special to get that great patina?
Thanks.
For the patina I didnt do anything special, just peeled & sliced my daily apple and used it at the dinner table.
The patina isn't quite as dark as it looks in that picture, but it is nice and even.

The newest edition. Rounded the end of the blade and enlarged the lower pin hole for a 1/4" tube.

Hafted in maple that I found in the woods. Thought was going to have way more chatoyance and interesting features after being oiled and finished up. It's just blah. Plus you can see that darn wormhole I had to fill... It appeared out of nowhere while sanding.

I might cut it off and start over.

These patch knife blades are great if anyone is looking for a smaller utility knife.

Back