• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

I think it's a scam too. seems the amount of the 2nds they sell are just their normal knives. sold as seconds sure seems made up. as where are the firsts the flawed seconds came from? pretty rotten as no one can complain on flaws and poor quality, if they bought it as a second. seems people waiting on firsts are funding the making of "seconds"/ normal knives. obviously Im speculating without any first hand knowledge, but I do know something stinks very badly here.

I feel bad for those being duped, but their grown folks so if they are okay with.....so be it.

That's exactly right, and think of the gushing fan boys exclaiming via the few remaining channels as to how they got "A survive second in flawless condition, no reason to wait, order now!".. Calling them seconds or uglies and then selling perfectly fine knives to generate quick cash has the effect of lulling potential customers into thinking the company does better work than it actually does and no reason for fear it at all. Just another scam Survive is clinging to survival from.

I got an email today offering gso 4 limited 1st and 2nds with the only restriction being it would take UP TO 90 DAYS TO DELIVER.
IS this yet another scam by SK to generate cash and the 4's won't be delivered for years?

I got an email today offering gso 4 limited 1st and 2nds with the only restriction being it would take UP TO 90 DAYS TO DELIVER.
IS this yet another scam by SK to generate cash and the 4's won't be delivered for years?
They claim, its due to the sheaths having to be made:rolleyes:

"All orders for the GSO-4 Limited, GSO-4 Limited Factory 2nds, and GSO-4 Limited Sheaths will take up to 90 days to be delivered. This is because the sheaths still need to be made, but also to give us more time to continue focusing on older preorders for the GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7."

Even in regards to sheaths, they are up their old shenanigans;
"We want to make sure we are ordering the right number of each sheath type to avoid running out too soon or overspending. Our solution is to make a portion of the run available for ordering before the remaining sheaths are made."

I believe they recently had a Gso 2.7 sale but also had limited sheath availability.

Nooooo, it's totally on the up and up and how dare you even consider that Guy and Ellie aren't a couple of scumbags who see no problem with defrauding people? Shame on you (jingle the friggin' bell LOL), SHAME.

Well ..., Im not saying they are but thats what they claim.

I don't think we are refuting each other, but someone new who looks in on this might get sucked in by their 'sheaths being the delay' claim. What I am saying is that a sheath issue could not have been the problem on mine because there was never a sheath on order with the blade.

If you care to indulge a bit of a read, here is a snapshot of my final experience with Survive in the hopes it may illuminate and substantiate the thread further:

I was a long time optimist and supporter of this company. Though I'm a relatively high strung customer, I was patient and not confrontational for the duration of my relationship with them. The knives I received were good knives, and I ended up receiving around 10 knives over three years if I recall properly. They were always cordial. My frustration wasn't that they never delivered; it was that I never knew if they would or when they would deliver. I was so soured by how poorly they managed/abused their customer relationship that I have since parted with all of their tools. Was it lying? Was it mistakes? Why was everything always so delayed and what would be the excuse this time? After my three plus years with them, I didn't care why anymore. I was burnt out and tired of it. Joy had turned to burden and stress.

I hope there is a positive outcome for those still invested. That said, I am posting screenshots of my emails with Survive! prior to cancelling my remaining orders. These messages demonstrate how poorly they understood their production capabilities, in their own words. Contrasting the quoted estimates with present day production schedules from their website, one can see that astoundingly little has changed, and most of the knives I had on order are still unfinished despite their plan to have them all completed in Q1 2018.

As repeatedly stated in previous posts, not much has changed in a year, after numerous claims of rehabilitation. My emails simply offer a snapshot of commitments missed, for posterity.

View media item 5472View media item 5473View media item 5474View media item 5475View media item 5476View media item 5477

th

If you care to indulge a bit of a read, here is a snapshot of my final experience with Survive in the hopes it may illuminate and substantiate the thread further:

I was a long time optimist and supporter of this company. Though I'm a relatively high strung customer, I was patient and not confrontational for the duration of my relationship with them. The knives I received were good knives, and I ended up receiving around 10 knives over three years if I recall properly. They were always cordial. My frustration wasn't that they never delivered; it was that I never knew if they would or when they would deliver. I was so soured by how poorly they managed/abused their customer relationship that I have since parted with all of their tools. Was it lying? Was it mistakes? Why was everything always so delayed and what would be the excuse this time? After my three plus years with them, I didn't care why anymore. I was burnt out and tired of it. Joy had turned to burden and stress.

I hope there is a positive outcome for those still invested. That said, I am posting screenshots of my emails with Survive! prior to cancelling my remaining orders. These messages demonstrate how poorly they understood their production capabilities, in their own words. Contrasting the quoted estimates with present day production schedules from their website, one can see that astoundingly little has changed, and most of the knives I had on order are still unfinished despite their plan to have them all completed in Q1 2018.

As repeatedly stated in previous posts, not much has changed in a year, after numerous claims of rehabilitation. My emails simply offer a snapshot of commitments missed, for posterity.

View media item 5472View media item 5473View media item 5474View media item 5475View media item 5476View media item 5477

Thanks for posting that Packerrat. Sad how many of the things that they told you in that e-mail exchange back in 12 / 2017 never happened.

Although not comprehensive, that post shows just how this company operates.

Back