The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Two weeks ago we returned from my dream-come-true RV adventure of the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana. This has been something I've wanted to do for 40+ years. It didn't disappoint and I'm already planning our next trip for Spring 2024.

I took a ton of pics but these few are one of my highlights... boondocking on the rim of the Badlands! The 110 Sport Pro on the right is the knife I carried everywhere during the entire trip. Hiking in the Badlands, the Black Hills, Yellowstone and all along the Yellowstone River in Montana. What a great knife!
20230829_141515-01.jpeg
20230829_121805-01.jpeg
20230829_173112-01.jpeg
20230928_114602-01.jpeg

Two weeks ago we returned from my dream-come-true RV adventure of the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana. This has been something I've wanted to do for 40+ years. It didn't disappoint and I'm already planning our next trip for Spring 2024.

I took a ton of pics but these few are one of my highlights... boondocking on the rim of the Badlands! The 110 Sport Pro on the right is the knife I carried everywhere during the entire trip. Hiking in the Badlands, the Black Hills, Yellowstone and all along the Yellowstone River in Montana. What a great knife!
View attachment 2337328
View attachment 2337329
View attachment 2337330
View attachment 2337331
Nice.
I've always wanted to take that trip myself.

Smart choice on RV size.
Go anywhere, get in anywhere, and they don't really affect mpg as much.

View attachment 2337328
View attachment 2337329
View attachment 2337330
View attachment 2337331
looks like great time, Jeff. thanks for sharing.....

Nice.
I've always wanted to take that trip myself.

Smart choice on RV size.
Go anywhere, get in anywhere, and they don't really affect mpg as much.

I wholeheartedly agree. I drooled at the huge rigs we saw in campgrounds everywhere but our little Geo Pro crossed over the Bighorn Mountains on highway 14 going east to west and I barely knew it was behind us. The twin turbos on the Tremor may have helped a little. 😉 We averaged 11.6 miles per gallon over the 3000 mile adventure.

This was looking back over the Bighorns after we made it over the pass.
20230928_160029-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Two weeks ago we returned from my dream-come-true RV adventure of the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana.
Thanks for sharing. Glad the trip didn't disappoint. The Tetons and Yellowstone are my favorites. There are so many truly wonderful places in the areas that you traveled, a person could spend not just weeks but months and years just in Yellowstone alone. Great knives to have on such a trip.

After being defeated by trying to trim a big tree with a hand saw (I give up), I decided to put some old stereo gear to use to keep everything working.
Magnepan MMG speakers I've had since the early 90s, a Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp I've since the late 90s, a Conrad-Johnson MV2275 amplifier (probably 8 years old), Kimber 8TC speaker cables and a current Rega Apollo CD player and I wasn't expecting much.
This old junk is going to sound like crap.
Wrong again, this sounds really good! Leon Russell was doing Streaker's Ball a few minutes ago, it's a fun sounding system.
Pardon the messy lash up, the MMG speakers are the little guys in the front.
Ns6FqDf.jpg

o0JAebG.jpg

All my life I have been intrigued by the Badlands..The fact that it was created by a monster flood in a blink of a eye (Geologic time) is incredible! It would make my top ten list if I had a time machine after meeting Jesus..

Gotten ugly here in Florida this morning..Waterspouts and tornadoes with alerts blasting on my phone lol! One warning really got my attention as it was about 3 miles away. I was thinking if it DID hit my house it might get ugly with all the 112's and other Bucks flying around...
Edit: By 9:45 am 8 extremely loud alerts plus a actual call from the Sheriff's department..One touched down less than 3 miles away one less than a dozen! No deaths or even injuries so far but severe thunderstorms were/are stacked up in the Gulf for many miles. I believe most were F-O or F-1 but one waterspout looked huge on vidio. Some places are expected to get a foot of rain (or more!) because many are tracking NE along a similar path..
Tornado's are more scary than Tropical storms or weak Hurricanes because they pop up so quickly, race along at 40 MPH or even more and at night you can't hardly see them coming. And they can explode a house or toss a car or truck..

Last edited:
What ever happened to the General Combat knife in 5160? Just saw a three year old video about recently it, but I don’t recall hearing anything about it.

Two things . . .

1. Note to self: do not chew sugar free gum immediately before eating yogurt.

2. Question: is LL Cool J related to LL Bean?
Were you drooling cottage cheese ? 😝

judge roy bean was pretty cool! 😆

What ever happened to the General Combat knife in 5160? Just saw a three year old video about recently it, but I don’t recall hearing anything about it.
Bump (i promise only one time ) still interested if anyone remembers these or seen them besides me?

Back