The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Eeeeeerrrr-body better be nice to her, she owns this shirt and has literally worn it to work multiple times, man, Texas farm girls dude, they're beautiful and sweet as can be, until you aggravate 'em....

98b9da56b2efb644fc89973a7d120789.jpg

Well I was taking some pics today, and briefly thought about assembling the entire Buck collection for a family photo, but i'm not even sure I know where they all are and I would have had to empty half the house to do it.

There's a box with a bunch in it waiting for me to finish the display case i'm building, there's one in my pocket, one in my BO bag, one in the wife's BO bag, one inside her shirt clipped to her bra, lol, one in the truck center console and another in the toolbox in the back, one in my tacklebox, one in the kitchen being used as a paring knife, one on my nightstand....gawd only knows where else, probably one in the bathroom somewhere.

Beginning to think we have a problem here.🤪

"Wife with a Knife" could be the new "Elf on a Shelf."

No knife pics today or women with the knife bra but I do have a funny one.

I've had reptiles since I was a little boy and I went out to the reptile building to turn the lights on and feed the tortoises.
I don't know if the pictures show this or not the large boa, who is named Big-E, must weigh 60 pounds as she's currently full of babies.
Last year she had 50. She's a full figured girl. You don't have a prayer of picking her up by yourself, she'll find something to wrap around and leave you stuck.
Sometime last night she decided to cram herself into this one small aquarium another boa was sleeping in.
Why, who knows. They do the weirdest things.
wBPxRWX.jpg

5NiyCsG.jpg

vs7LoI1.jpg

She's not shy at the dinner table - kind of like the owner.
She has a really good disposition, never hissed, only bit me once when she got confused when I was feeding another one.
Their world is smell, heat, movement so she smelled rodents and a warm thing moved in front of her.
Just a quick bite and release on the leg - that's not food...
NO, it isn't, don't do that.
I know better so that was my fault.

She's not shy at the dinner table - kind of like the owner.
She has a really good disposition, never hissed, only bit me once when she got confused when I was feeding another one.
Their world is smell, heat, movement so she smelled rodents and a warm thing moved in front of her.
Just a quick bite and release on the leg - that's not food...
NO, it isn't, don't do that.
I know better so that was my fault.
She's a beaut! How old is she? I just entered the world of reptile keeping this year with a young male ball python. Salazar is fun to watch and very relaxing to hold. I was surprised to learn that they don't move fast at all, except when it comes to feeding. Any tips for a newbie?

She's probably 16 years old, time flies.

Ball Pythons live in burrows so give young Salazar a snug hiding place (an inverted flower pot with a hole knocked in it works well), have some temperature variation in the enclosure say 70s one end, 80s the other, a good sized water container and some stuff to climb around on.
If he's eating thawed, so much the better. Live rodents can turn the tables and kill the snake and Ball Pythons are notoriously finicky eaters (unlike this boa which is a garbage disposal).

Anything that ends in SOL like Pinesol will kill them.

They're really good escape artists. I took care of a friend's Ball Python and I found him wedged into a refrigerator's cooling coils one time, another night it was happily swimming laps in the toilet! WTH?

Snake mites are difficult to eradicate. I use some sort of a citrus spray on the animal (and then rinse it off), diluted Clorox in the enclosure and then a small piece of a No Pest Strip inside a perforated pill bottle for a day inside the cage, repeat once a week.
Clorox and animal waste produces toxic fumes so rinse and dry thoroughly.

Be careful with the heat sources as they never encounter extrememe heat sources in the wild.
They will burn themselves because they don't know any better. Don't put a thermostat's probe inside of the cage, they can knock it loose and bake.

Just remember that a lot of people have a fear of snakes so no public displays, please. It only takes one person to say there should be a law against stuff like that and off they go.
Enjoy your pet, they're a lot of fun!

I hope everyone has good times thru the Holidays. I don't get on here as much as I would of liked to the last year or so. Made a huge career move, just got out of surgery last week gave me some time to read some of these forums again. I hope everyone is well and will continue to keep reading and catching up.
Pic of wife and I and a pic of my 4 dogs on my lap after being in Hospital for a few days. They wouldnt leave me alone. lol20231008_140045.jpg20231208_062607.jpg

Back