The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Ok.
I promise not to drag this on but I have to add this:

I was feeling like crap as I left the dog at the hospital, and didn't bring her home to be buried with our other dogs in the backyard.

It really bothered me.

Yesterday my daughter went and retrieved her from the hospital, and with the help of my grandson, buried my dog in the backyard.
Next to the others.
Raining the whole time.
She even bought her own shovel.

♥️

Ok.
I promise not to drag this on but I have to add this:

I was feeling like crap as I left the dog at the hospital, and didn't bring her home to be buried with our other dogs in the backyard.

It really bothered me.

Yesterday my daughter went and retrieved her from the hospital, and with the help of my grandson, buried my dog in the backyard.
Next to the others.
Raining the whole time.
She even bought her own shovel.

♥️
thats good. I prefer to bury animals in my yard. vets won't allow me to take animals home anymore. don't know if there is a law down here or them just being greedy and wanted the fees for cremating. I've never looked into it. I've buried a lot of animals over my life, im sure ya have also. I like their final resting place home with me. I get how ya felt.

losing a good animal is all bad and hurts, but there is one single good thing from losing an animal.....it's that you can give another one a good home when you're ready........

Here's how to spot a scammer.
I worked in Internal Audits Division for a spell where all I did was work fraud cases where people's accounts were getting hijacked or simple identity theft claims.
I've been looking for a motorcycle part and placed a wanted ad on a site.
I was beset by someone who had a Nigerian flag next to his name.
Here's his latest email.
Notice the strange punctuation, odd choice of words, one glaring mistake about shipment, the refusal to accept Paypal, and the Venmo/Zelle/Wire Transfer bit.
This is a textbook scammer:

Hello Steven, sorry for the late response I have been extremely busy with the family for the holiday vacation, so I couldn’t check my inbox time to time…I reach out to my wife concerning making use of her PayPal mail but she said she is having issues on the acct and I can’t make use of it, so I’m suggesting we do direct wire transfer to make the payment instead since you don’t have a Zelle or Venmo info, I will provide my Wells Fargo bank details to you if you are ready to make the payment for the S-W motech center stand we discussed about. Kindly let me know your thoughts so I proceed in making preparations on the shipping to our address.

Regards,
James.
Modify message

Today’s project - pot o’ Danny’s fine chili. The finest involves cubing up a hunk of beef and a reduction Bobby Flay would be proud of - this batch isn’t that. Just ground beef, ground linguica, and all my other random veggies and spices. My chili never comes out the same twice, but damn if it ain’t always delish. A little shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream, and a hunk of fresh corn bread, and I just can’t get enough.

IMG_1028.jpeg

Today’s project - pot o’ Danny’s fine chili. The finest involves cubing up a hunk of beef and a reduction Bobby Flay would be proud of - this batch isn’t that. Just ground beef, ground linguica, and all my other random veggies and spices. My chili never comes out the same twice, but damn if it ain’t always delish. A little shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream, and a hunk of fresh corn bread, and I just can’t get enough.

View attachment 2456047

Linguica! Do you live in an area with a significant population with Portuguese origins? I never heard of it until I lived in the SF Bay Area for four years. It's great on pizza or grilled!

Linguica! Do you live in an area with a significant population with Portuguese origins? I never heard of it until I lived in the SF Bay Area for four years. It's great on pizza or grilled!
This area is a total melting pot - you can find a bit of anything without going very far. Never thought of putting it on pizza!

Forgot to add that I neglected to include in the picture the David Mary Santoku that did all the prep work.
IMG_0670.jpeg

Dilemma!

On Tuesday night, I showed my brother my spiffy new Sprint Run #005 Buck 110 and he really, really liked it. He is more partial to 112s, so now I have a decision to make. When the #006 arrives, I know I will love it, but I think my brother would super love it. I am considering giving it to him as his birthday and Christmas gifts for the next 25 years combined. Or, I could keep it and hide in dark, petting and loving it . . . my preciousssssss . . .

iu

Has anyone thought about how this Buck forum (recently) is more friendly and relaxed than most other forums on this site and other sites? I suppose more specifically, the group of people here are more friendly and relaxed, including both the regulars (the Ben-Gay and Geritol Crew) as well as those who pass through occasionally. Even when we disagree, we act like rational adults (no insult intended for those of us who refuse to grow up).

Back