• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

If the maker was banned it probably was for a reason and he lost the ability to defend his name. Also, if he needs to defend his name....again....there is warranted history. I see no reason the OP shouldn't have posted this.......not sure the reason for this reply??

3 posts and you are already attacking a maker. I could see if it was your order, but it is not. Its an order between your friend and Moon. Your friend should post the complaint. Your post is all hear say and is from a non impartial point of view. Its convenient to complain about a maker who was banned and can't defend his name.

emily_NeverMind.jpg

Last edited:
I presently have a ZT 0801 on order with Will, the only thing I can really contribute here is that the "2-3 weeks" for delivery time has turned into two months now, and no progress updates other than a promise that it would be done a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say that's uncommon, as I have yet to receive a custom order on time from anyone but Brian Tighe. Nevertheless, it's a bit frustrating since payment in full was required, and at the time Will's reputation seemed to be nothing but good. As for doing research into his reputation, the USN does not allow you to use the search function as a basic member, which makes it nearly impossible to ascertain anything about what went on over there.

Last edited:
Lets all stay on topic. Posts insulting other posters here will be subject to warnings or infractions.

And knock off the insults for using Latin. i studied Latin for 5 years, and Pig Latin longer than that. I even like Latin music. Verbum satis sapienti.

I take away from this the same thing I do from all threads like this, never ever pay up front. Period.

I take away from this the same thing I do from all threads like this, never ever pay up front. Period.

Yep...and I have no sympathy for those that do so. Unless you're ordering a knife with crazy materials or something so unique the maker would have trouble getting rid of it, don't pay upfront. It only takes small life speedbump and suddenly a maker is using those order funds to take care of something else and just like that they are upside down.

I knew about this frisky dingo, but he has been trying to repair his past transgressions...he has got about another month before before I ask for refund, his designs are very intriguing but I can only wait so long before I have to call bull and pull out

I know his whereabouts, and he hasn't done too much to hide them, so I am not too worried

i would like to ask, was the knife in question purchased, or attempted to purchase on this site ?? thanks rb black

I convinced my buddy to order a Will moon mk7 when he opened his book before Christmas. Was supposed to be 12-18 weeks. 19 weeks came my buddy sent an email and will said he was shipping it next week. 3 weeks after that still nothing and my buddy sent another email, will responded said his machine was broke and knife delayed. It's now 6 weeks after the promise date and still nothing but I see will is makinga and selling mk7 knives on Facebook. That is really crappy, he has a designer nk7 for sale but he can't fulfill orders that people paid up front for? What's going on anyone else ordered a designer and not get theirs.

I started buying knives from Will when he was just pimping scales and such. I really love his designs and don’t always love his work quality. Sometimes they have little flaws that I haven’t seen from other makers I have owned. But the good ones that he makes are very good. To date, I have purchased 4 knives from Will and even the one that was already made took over a month to get shipped to me.
That knife was worth every penny. If you can put up with the shipping delays, “unnecessary excuses” , having to double send sometimes triple send your emails, and the occasional laps in quality then you’re going to get a good product after it’s all said and done even if he needs to take a second look at it.
I can complain all day long about the above list as I have lots of those types of grips, but in the end I really do believe I needed to learn a little more patients with this maker. The question for me becomes why? The best answer I can give you is that Will is a very talented young man with the key word being young. He will get better at the above things.
I’ll tackle the “unnecessary excuses” Will always has these. I’ve read every single thing I could about his customer service in the “think red not green” section of the interweb and there is always an excuse as to why the production deadline is behind. I’ve gotten so many and really they are unnecessary. I think Will just has to learn that emails and communication are just as important, he needs to develop a system. Check them and respond to them timely and respond with “I’m working on it insert your name here, I’m still behind schedule but it’s going to be another week or so… if it’s not done by XXXXX date I will contact you prior and give you an update”.
I’m going to stick with Will for now I’ve recently had a problem with my Mark 7 that to me is a glaring mistake but I can easily see how it got missed going out the door. His quality on the Mark 7 is improving.
In the end, his knives fit my tastes and personality. What he does is like art, in a way, it is art. Art can’t always be rushed. Here is what I suspect will happen. Moon will graduate from College, and either, get a job and continue his knife making on the side in which case he won’t need the same income from knives, he will slow down and make knives more a side job. OR he will make this more of a career in which case he will have to hire someone for COM. I’m going to miss the fact that every aspect of the making process was handled just by one guy when that happens.
Bottom line, I’ve been dealing with Will for a long time now. To date, I have not been ripped off or anything. I have always gotten my knife and even knives sent back for repair have always come back.
---
On another note, can someone direct me to a thread here that explains why he is band from BF?

i would like to ask, was the knife in question purchased, or attempted to purchase on this site ?? thanks rb black

I've seen you ask that one before.
We try to help people no matter where it took place....if we can that is.
Many of these threads doesn't take place here, but we've still been able to help many people.
No, we don't have to help them, but if we can help some don't mind.

Just look at some of the threads below this one where people have been helped even though the transaction didn't take place here.

On another note, can someone direct me to a thread here that explains why he is band from BF?

His username here used to be FriskyDingo.
He seemed to have major problems following the posted rules here, eventually leading to his banning for "Major Trolling" of another member in this thread where he was called out for flaking on an "I'll take it" in the members sale: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/769813-Frisky-Dingo-flaked?p=8604707#post8604707

Unless, of course, you pay via Paypal, select the "goods and services" option and pay the fee. Recourse is simple and effective if you do. I am ordering a custom from _______ in a few days and will be paying IN FULL, in advance. Happy to do it. It will help the maker buy some much-needed equipment and, at the same time, it will help me to receive his quality product sooner.

Unless, of course, you pay via Paypal, select the "goods and services" option and pay the fee. Recourse is simple and effective if you do. I am ordering a custom from _______ in a few days and will be paying IN FULL, in advance. Happy to do it. It will help the maker buy some much-needed equipment and, at the same time, it will help me to receive his quality product sooner.

Paying up front with PP Goods won't help one bit after the time to open a case has ran out.
It's happened here often when people pay a maker in advance.
Of course you are right in saying people should use the Goods option when paying for goods and services.

The common theme with these threads is the buyer paying up front, and most do use the Goods option. Most of these makers wait time is longer than what PP gives you to file a claim.

If people would never pay up front, and never use the Gift option, we would see far less threads in GB&U.

Paying up front with PP Goods won't help one bit after the time to open a case has ran out.
It's happened here often when people pay a maker in advance.
Of course you are right in saying people should use the Goods option when paying for goods and services.

The common theme with these threads is the buyer paying up front, and most do use the Goods option. Most of these makers wait time is longer than what PP gives you to file a claim.

If people would never pay up front, and never use the Gift option, we would see far less threads in GB&U.

Yes and, for me, the time allowed for a claim filing would not run out. That is because I am paying up front in exchange for expedited product. In my situation, the date of completion is set at 30 days. I tend not to tolerate numerous extensions and/or excuses. People are full of excuses and they are usually untrue or, at the very least, exaggerated.

We bought it from his site, it was the limited open order. We both tried to get in, my buddy got his and we agreed I would buy it if he didn't like it.

Will sent me a pic of the order in the next up bin. He said probably be done last night and he would send tracking. No email yet but hoping it arrives next week.

Back