• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

Its like anything else. It comes down to trust. If you have a relationship with a given person then you know whether you can trust him.

I've spoken to Will in the past and he was generally responsive though it might have taken him a few days to get back to me in busy periods.

Paying up front with PP Goods won't help one bit after the time to open a case has ran out.
It's happened here often when people pay a maker in advance.
Of course you are right in saying people should use the Goods option when paying for goods and services.

The common theme with these threads is the buyer paying up front, and most do use the Goods option. Most of these makers wait time is longer than what PP gives you to file a claim.

If people would never pay up front, and never use the Gift option, we would see far less threads in GB&U.

Yes and, for me, the time allowed for a claim filing would not run out. That is because I am paying up front in exchange for expedited product. In my situation, the date of completion is set at 30 days. I tend not to tolerate numerous extensions and/or excuses. People are full of excuses and they are usually untrue or, at the very least, exaggerated.

Good news, will just messages me with the tracking number. Should be here next week. Someone else is blasting him on Facebook, hopefully he will address it and I'll be able to provide some positive comments.

Thanks you guys, this forum and post really help get things done. I appreciate it.

fully understand the helping part 100% and I know you have helped more than anyone here on this site over many , many threads. You are very kind and good at helping ALL members.

I also help, A LOT, A WHOLE LOT... Sometimes help is done off thread, or PM. Sometimes help, comes in the form of supporting, dealers, sellers, makers, mfg. who are not banned from this site (i.e. Will ) by me taking the stance that since joining here, I do not Buy or Sell any knife other than this site, or from areas and sellers/buyers I have successfully completed many transactions with. I hope those members here that I spend My money with enjoy spending it.

I've seen you ask that one before.
We try to help people no matter where it took place....if we can that is.
Many of these threads doesn't take place here, but we've still been able to help many people.
No, we don't have to help them, but if we can help some don't mind.

Just look at some of the threads below this one where people have been helped even though the transaction didn't take place here.

Last edited:
fully understand the helping part 100% and I know you have helped more than anyone here on this site over many , many threads. You are very kind and good at helping ALL members.

I also help, A LOT, A WHOLE LOT... Sometimes help is done off thread, or PM. Sometimes help, comes in the form of supporting, dealers, sellers, makers, mfg. who are not banned from this site (i.e. Will ) by me taking the stance that since joining here, I do not Buy or Sell any knife other than this site, or from areas and sellers/buyers I have successfully completed many transactions with. I hope those members here that I spend My money with enjoy spending it.

Toot Toot!

I've never been interested in anything he makes but seeing Will's interactions with folks at another forum made clear to me that his ability to deal with people as paying customers and critics of his work was seriously lacking to say the least. Maybe he's working on it but we heard every excuse under the sun in the past and he put fire to many bridges by stubbornly avoiding problems instead of solving them. I guess that's the slightly longer way of saying if someone asked me "Hey what about that Will Moon guy?" my first and only answer would be this - don't bother.

Maybe he's working on it but we heard every excuse under the sun in the past and he put fire to many bridges by stubbornly avoiding problems instead of solving them.

You mean like he stubbornly avoided the OP's problem by constantly keeping in communication with him and building his knife immediately? That doesn't sound like bad customer service to me, that sounds like a maker who wants to try to make his customer happy.

What you have experienced does not nullify how I saw him behave in the past. By the same token, my feelings don't invalidate the positive experiences you say you've had. We can agree to disagree. I stand by what I said.

My buddy just informed me the tracking number still says not received for the past 4 days. Will told him some personal issued happened and he couldn't send it Monday or Tuesday and still hasn't shipped as of 5pm today. A little concerned since I've read about this issuing the label and not shipping. This is another delay. Issuing a shipping label is not shipping the knife, those are not the same thing.

Im trying to be understanding but wth.

Darkside of the moon!
my buddy just informed me the tracking number still says not received for the past 4 days. Will told him some personal issued happened and he couldn't send it monday or tuesday and still hasn't shipped as of 5pm today. A little concerned since i've read about this issuing the label and not shipping. This is another delay. Issuing a shipping label is not shipping the knife, those are not the same thing.

My buddy just informed me the tracking number still says not received for the past 4 days. Will told him some personal issued happened and he couldn't send it Monday or Tuesday and still hasn't shipped as of 5pm today. A little concerned since I've read about this issuing the label and not shipping. This is another delay. Issuing a shipping label is not shipping the knife, those are not the same thing.

I had a similar experience... got tracking number on a Monday but it wasn't received by the post office until I think, Thursday. That was AFTER I emailed Will that same day to ask if it was shipped. Hopefully it's on the way now!

I talked to him....he shipped. If its USPS they are all screwed up with Tax crap. A bud on BF sent me a knife priority 2 day and it took 9 days and was never updated after it said Shipped via tracking.

I talked to him....he shipped. If its USPS they are all screwed up with Tax crap. A bud on BF sent me a knife priority 2 day and it took 9 days and was never updated after it said Shipped via tracking.

Yeah man I'm glad it finally showed up, that would of been a big nut to swallow. It's so hard to get USPS insurance to pay out.

And so,...how does your friend like the knife? Is the manufacture quality up to par? I was just about ready to order a Mark7 until I came upon this thread. Making me kind of gun shy now.

And so,...how does your friend like the knife? Is the manufacture quality up to par? I was just about ready to order a Mark7 until I came upon this thread. Making me kind of gun shy now.

Post office says it will be here tomorrow, I'm pretty sure it's going to be my knife now. My buddy is a little sour on the knife. Then again Will makes beautiful knives maybe he'll keep it.

Back