The Buckmaster 084. 420HC. G10 Scales. $800?!

Wow, this thread really took off while I was away, and I never bothered to check back because I was expecting the thread to die after my last post.

I feel sort of weird bumping it a week after the last post was made, but I have some closing statements on the subject...

While I'm obviously in favor of the free market and support people having the freedom to choose both how much to charge and how much to spend on various items, I nevertheless feel personally that $800 for a 420HC blade of a derivative design is highway robbery. Yes, I support Buck's freedom to charge that much for it and I support the people being able to pay that much for it, even if I do think that they're getting ripped off royally for doing so and frankly wish that they wouldn't support Buck in doing so because it sets a bad precedent.

Also, I wonder how the collector's are going to feel about their purchase when:
a.) Their $800 Collectable Knife they have on display is mistaken for a Z-Hunter and laughed off as a joke.
b.) Their attempt to sell it for $1600 down the line fails miserably.

I mean, I know it sounds like $800 is a lot for a seemingly simple fixed blade, but I assure you this is unnecessarily complex and has many over-engineered features surrounding the game-changing wing which makes this tranny into a real by-God underwater-anchor necessary for the Buckmaster name! Lots of brand loyalists (please do not call it a cult!) are saying BUCK is losing money on each and every one, so hurry up and buy them while you can. Their loss is our gain!

maybe it's a factory scratch, so it doesn't count?šŸ˜

I have seen a lot of items over the years listed as Mint/New, "except" - for this (huge) scratch, or this (jagged) hole, and don't worry about the (completely worn through to the other side) wear, ETC. It is almost common today when people describe something they are selling.

My big pet peeve is when buying a collectible and the seller does not list a defect, "because that is the way it came from the factory". Some people use this to excuse any problem with the item.

Back