The CrafsMan SteadyCraftin

Ha, a reference toThe Crafsman and patina methods at 50:25

He answers a question about when he's coming back to Montana at 55:00 My fingers are crossed that he'll be teaching classes.

Neels has been doing some great live feeds this year, there's always something interesting. His and The Crafsman are two of my favorite channels.

Black Dragon Forge / Neels Van den Berg YouTube Channel

It's a new year
and I don't know how to act
well in fact I really do
as a matter of fact
At least I think I do
open eyes, open heart
grab hold to this thing
like we got a fresh start
-----
Erase that scoreboard
life goes so fast
you can't make the most of it
you can't make the most of it
when you're busy keepin' tabs
pick up that telephone
grab a pen, write a letter
let the ones you love know
you're fixin to love them even better
in this new year
-----
it's a new year
-----
It's a clean slate
all smooth and ready
but if it starts a little rough,
It's a clean slate
all smooth and ready
but if it starts a little rough,
then ride the waves until they're steady
Don't know what's ahead
just gotta stay on track
lay your hand to the plow
look ahead, don't look back
'cause it's a new year

Last edited:
The Crafsman says, you need to wear you some gloves.

Says so right thah.

V
DEv9ULb.jpg

^Ha, that's funny right thur Chris.

I like how he ended this one with "Keep it between the ditches". My Grandpa used to say that to me all the time.
Loves me some CrafsMan but man I could do without the slimy ass gurglin marbles or whatever the hell is goin on with that ASMR stuff.... (do whut? no mo vomit emoji?)

Last edited:
^Ha, that's funny right thur Chris.

I like how he ended this one with "Keep it between the ditches". My Grandpa used to say that to me all the time.
Loves me some CrafsMan but man I could do without the slimy ass gurglin marbles or whatever the hell is goin on with that ASMR stuff.... (do whut? no mo vomit emoji?)

Those are Orbeez.

“The scientific explanation behind this magic is that Orbeez are super absorbent polymer beads made of acrylic acid, sodium hydroxide and water, to which color pigmentation is added to give more variety of nuances. It is the water molecules that make Orbeez grow.”

They are colored versions of the same material in a disposable diaper and grow to 100 x their packaged/dehydrated size.

I imagine they’re a hot item these days and in a couple months, they’ll be fodder for the landfill.

The intro in the airbrush video last week had me rolling :D

“We might be fin to finally u.. uh airbrush”

I think Orbeez are to separate fools from their money. That's all I can think of. I really don't know why anyone would want to play in disposable diaper filling.

Why for do they exist, are they made specifically for ASMR stuff?

"Have you ever felt like your GI Joe action fuhgures could use a little television?"

"I'm gonna switch it around because my handed is right." :D

I actually looked the little TV kit up afterward. $75. (Tinycircuits.com) The 3D printing is a bit rough so it would definitely need some sanding to make it nice. I'd like to see a molded polystyrene version.

Not sure what I'd watch. Maybe just Crafsman videos. :p

"That's bout like puttin socks one a rooster right thur..."

That's another thing my Grandpa used to say all the time. He was a Contractor/Carpenter/Pilot/Jack of all trades. No matter how good or bad a project turned out he'd always say "Like socks on a rooster".

In hindsight I learned more from his sayings than I did from anything else in life. When I got my first job he said "Work harder than the guy next to you" and "Remember, nobody owes you anything". Those two things speak absolute volumes.

Back