The Les George Knives Thread

Les, and a compas
pNm8ipe.jpg

Les, and his friend Harsey.....

f7fUTz8.jpg

Reviving an older thread to hopefully get more info on this newly acquired ESV with milled show side scale. I was told it was possibly a 1 of 12 limited run like the MEFP ESV.
Was this a limited run? Dealer exclusive? If so what year?
6RmvsGE.jpg
I almost bought that knife so many times. I was very close to giving in when it switched to sold so thanks for saving me! I can't help with your questions, but am curious to hear what you think of it. It sounds very small, on paper, which was my main hangup on pulling the trigger.

I almost bought that knife so many times. I was very close to giving in when it switched to sold so thanks for saving me! I can't help with your questions, but am curious to hear what you think of it. It sounds very small, on paper, which was my main hangup on pulling the trigger.
The closest knife I have to compare it to is the CRK Small Inkosi. As far as size goes, they're both little tanks, but the ESV even more so. I hope this helps.

XwN2X0s.jpg

g7Hhj8i.jpg

JWclvBj.jpg

I just received my green G10 Magnacut Magnate last week. Fit and finish are top notch, but haven't used it much. You? Expensive for a fixed blade, but....Magnacut! ;) Last I checked, DLT still had the black and the orange, at $395.

I have been using in sparingly. Decent edge geometry out of the box. That particular knife is the only thing in magnucut I’ve tried - holds a working edge with a few strops ( cardboard, kitchen, some soft wood cutting). The ergonomics on that handle are great. The overall size of that knife is perfect imo - not too small, not too big.

I'm impressed with the way the handle contour works with my size lg hand. Works well any way I grab it. Substantial blade stock, but not so thick it hoses slicing, and gets heavy. Tip strikes a good balance between fine/sturdy.

I'm impressed with the way the handle contour works with my size lg hand. Works well any way I grab it. Substantial blade stock, but not so thick it hoses slicing, and gets heavy. Tip strikes a good balance between fine/sturdy.

100% agreement 👍

Back