The Les George Knives Thread

I dunno Mitch. If Danny takes a liking, a new Talos is actually even more similar to an Astor than a VECP I believe. I bought an Astor for my son for Christmas. I love the shape in hand and keep closing my eyes and dreaming of a Talos.
I thoroughly enjoy the Talos, my next one I will convert to all brass thick washers, stock they come with a Teflon and a brass washer each side if I remember correctly

Keep it family friendly fellas, this is GKD not a private forum. We've been down this road previously.

Roger! Any chance you have an opinion on the knife? Shoot me straight, I can take it. Just super curious about your thoughts.

I finally found one. Hail Hydra!

20240510_125423.jpg

Size comparison with a Rockeye and a VECP:

20240510_132356.jpg

The Hydra is a mighty knife. The fact Les felt it was necessary (or hilarious) to make a few Rockeye XLs and Hydra XLs is bonkers. The non-XL ones are already really big, but the XL versions are close to a foot long. :oops:

Last edited:
I finally found one. Hail Hydra!

View attachment 2568790

Size comparison with a Rockeye and a VECP:

View attachment 2568828

The Hydra is a mighty knife. The fact Les made a handful of Rockeye XLs and Hydra XLs is bonkers. The non-XL ones are already really big, but the XL versions are close to a foot long. :oops:
Awesome! Congrats. And thank you for sharing the shots.....with comparisons (for reference) and without. Too purdy to lock away out of sight. 😍

Awesome! Congrats. And thank you for sharing the shots.....with comparisons (for reference) and without. Too purdy to lock away out of sight. 😍
Thanks! Some of the Hydras are incredibly exotic. This one is admittedly rather basic, but they are such a pain in the butt to find that I was convinced I'd never come across one. I am extremely happy with it. It's one of the very first ones Les did back in 2010 so while it may not be the fanciest Hydra, it has some really cool history for a Les dork like me.

Last edited:
Well, it’s here - two days early! Nice knife. Very smooth and light action, can easily thumb-flip it open with a little wrist flick. A little chunkier than I like to carry, but I’m sure it will see some pocket time. Like maybe tomorrow.

IMG-1120.jpg
Well guys, the jury is in - this one just isn’t doing it for me. Carried a couple of times, but it’s bigger and heavier than I like to carry. And that wide blade and handle are not comfortable for me to deploy and close. Action is nice, I’ll give it that, but otherwise the ergos aren’t the most comfy in my collection. Not sure yet if I’m gonna keep it or put it on the block, but it’s not likely to get used at all or carried again.

So I have wanted one of these ever since I saw a photo. Totally impractical for myself, just a desire. Lucked out and had a blade the PO wanted so no cash needed to acquire! Jimmy might recognize this one, I'm not too ashamed to admit I stalked his sale thread and contacted the buyer 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20240513_234734836.jpg
    PXL_20240513_234734836.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20240513_234752231.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240513_234752231.MP.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20240513_234806375.jpg
    PXL_20240513_234806375.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 4
Back