The Lone Ranger: 112 Dedication Thread

I looked hard for factory Nickel silver frame 112's and before 2010 there just wasn't many. Folks tended to brag when they found one and seldom did you find one inexpensive. I thought it kinda funny it was Walmart of all companies that was the source of such a uncommon Buck. The pad print is always faint and doesn't jump off the blade. I'm sure it was the base 112 for many Customs and the pad print buffed off. I'm still not quite sure when the very first Nickel silver frame 112 came out..but I am glad we have a lot of choices in the 112 the last 10 years.

My recent additions (and I still need to get a picture of my Ranger Sport):

zCm4DMP.jpg
Pv3TOeG.jpg
nR7SgaF.jpg

Picked up a new sheath for my Ranger. The sheath is made of heavy 8-9oz. oiled, distressed leather and hand sewn with waxed thread. Even though the sheath was made specifically for the 112, I still wet formed it for a better fit with the square bolsters.

XlBdohF.jpg

Just returned from Wyoming. Took a trail ride with my 112 and new sheath. I didn't use the knife on the ride, but it was used everyday for something. Amazing knife in a compact size. Apologies for the blurry knife photo. It was the only photo that captured the knife. Not surprising though. It's nearly impossible to capture the Lone Ranger. 😁

8kPPrLL.jpg
UUSLYs0.jpg

Just returned from Wyoming. Took a trail ride with my 112 and new sheath. I didn't use the knife on the ride, but it was used everyday for something. Amazing knife in a compact size. Apologies for the blurry knife photo. It was the only photo that captured the knife. Not surprising though. It's nearly impossible to capture the Lone Ranger. 😁

8kPPrLL.jpg
UUSLYs0.jpg
The first photo is outstanding

Reactions: TAH
That’s a stunner! Ask yourself who you are saving it for.

If you come up with a good answer then stash it away. If not …….
I bought it not because it was a “limited edition”, but because it was gorgeous and I thought the scalloped scales would make in much easier to hold comfortably. I think I’ll have to use it! S45VN steel? Yes, thank you! I’m going to wait for the new custom sheath I ordered for it though. It was way more than I wanted to spend but I think it’s worth it!

Edit: I’ve still been daily carrying and using the Micarta S30V version I posted back on page 8 or so!

When I opened the BCCI club 111 in 2007 (Elk,gold etch,MP blade) I said it was a shame to go in a drawer.. KathyJo turned around and said "Who are you saving it for?" ..... I didn't have a answer to that and have used it ever since.

I think I’m going to use it. I’m just going to wait for my new sheath (horizontal carry). It has such an awesome feel in the hand! I mean, I’m mostly just cutting rags into smaller pieces with it at work (think t shirts), opening and cutting down boxes and sharpening my pencil but today I did cut some 5” foam for a seat cushion so there’s that. It’s not like I’m fighting off a Mexican drug cartel or anything. I build boats for god’s sake. Who’s gonna attack my shop?

Yep, I'd use it. I normally carry a 110, but a couple times a week I put a 112 in my pocket. I have several, but this is becoming my favorite. I replaced the ebony scales with some nice oak. Surprisingly, I like the clip point of the 110, but the drop point is becoming my favorite blade in the 112. Not sure why yet.

juLoTLZ.jpg

Okay, one more entry from me for the 112 dedication thread. I saw an elk horn 110 in the for sale section this morning and it reminded me I had some left over elk from my last project and a plain brass/ebony drop point 112 I bought back when they were in stock. Since I had the day off, I combined the two. I've always loved the look of stag and the drop point in this size of knife is really useful. I plan to put this one to regular use.

JSV02Cv.jpeg

um0xPpI.jpeg

Okay, one more entry from me for the 112 dedication thread. I saw an elk horn 110 in the for sale section this morning and it reminded me I had some left over elk from my last project and a plain brass/ebony drop point 112 I bought back when they were in stock. Since I had the day off, I combined the two. I've always loved the look of stag and the drop point in this size of knife is really useful. I plan to put this one to regular use.

JSV02Cv.jpeg

um0xPpI.jpeg
Just…WOW!

Yep, I'd use it. I normally carry a 110, but a couple times a week I put a 112 in my pocket. I have several, but this is becoming my favorite. I replaced the ebony scales with some nice oak. Surprisingly, I like the clip point of the 110, but the drop point is becoming my favorite blade in the 112. Not sure why yet.

juLoTLZ.jpg

JSV02Cv.jpeg

um0xPpI.jpeg
You Sir, have knocked it out of the park. Twice! My goodness. Those are spectacular!

Back