There is always room for improvement! šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

Well I got out in the 9 degree cold and took wifeā€™s battery out of her car and went to Walmart. Then installed the new battery. Kind of a workout considering the coldā€¦

Last edited:
Tuesday was filled with "Honey, do's..." and took the day off from training.

Late start today and 5 rounds of the standard circuit minus the shrimp squats.
5 rounds of the following circuit:
A - Straddle jump to handstand for a (not slow enough to be 1 second) count to 30.
B - 2 pistols each leg
C - Supported front split to standing straddle split (the position you assume when Admin is on the way to see you) to supported front split
D - F'ugly pancake stretch with 3 leg raises
E - F'ugly forward fold with 3 leg laises

Worked up to 1/2 hr rides now on snow now and the knee's feeling pretty good. The additional resistance will get your legs strong and your heart pumpin in no time. :thumbsup:

View attachment 2459954
I got out for the first time with any real snow this season, both Sunday and Monday for an hour and a half. Temps never got above 10Ā°, and the winds Sunday were brutal, but it was glorious. Kicked. My. Ass. I was toast after Mondayā€™s ride, and it was sooooooo worth it. Hoping Iā€™ll get a chance to ride tomorrow, but the snow band is supposed to slide down on us overnight, and if we get the amounts theyā€™re talking about, Iā€™ll likely have to resort to snowshoes instead.

i don't recognize that frame. Mukluk? How do you like the Lauf?

i don't recognize that frame. Mukluk? How do you like the Lauf?

That's the Blackborrow frame. Love the geometry on it.

I really like the Lauf a lot. It's perfect for smoothing out the chunk a bit, is a lot lighter than any fat sus fork and requires no maintenance. However, I got a deal I couldn't refuse on it, so that certainly influenced my decision.

That's the Blackborrow frame. Love the geometry on it.

I really like the Lauf a lot. It's perfect for smoothing out the chunk a bit, is a lot lighter than any fat sus fork and requires no maintenance. However, I got a deal I couldn't refuse on it, so that certainly influenced my decision.
Oh, wow! I thought all of those were extended frame cargo bikes! Sweet ride!

Very few seem to appreciate the desire to ride in the cold. Itā€™s a totally different skill set. Not only harder to just stay upright, but SO much more technical. I donā€™t ride groomed trails, as what Iā€™ve got available to me is predominantly intermediate single track, and that makes it even trickier. Add the weather exposure factor, and even a mundane ride is far from mundane. Life starts below 2psi in your tires!!!

Hope we both manage to get out more, while the conditions are still good.

Oh, wow! I thought all of those were extended frame cargo bikes! Sweet ride!

Yeah, there were a few years where Salsa made the extended 'cargo' frame bike they called the 'Blackborow' and then they also used the name for a few years for a standard design as well, with geo that sat in between the Mukluk of the time, and the race-oriented Beargrease. After the Blackborow was discontinued, they updated the Mukluk frame to be a little sportier and more playful.

Very few seem to appreciate the desire to ride in the cold. Itā€™s a totally different skill set. Not only harder to just stay upright, but SO much more technical. I donā€™t ride groomed trails, as what Iā€™ve got available to me is predominantly intermediate single track, and that makes it even trickier. Add the weather exposure factor, and even a mundane ride is far from mundane. Life starts below 2psi in your tires!!!

Hope we both manage to get out more, while the conditions are still good.

When I first started winter fat riding around here, it was a small group of us that were dedicated to trying to keep a couple trails ride-able in the winter, which often meant stomping the trails with snowshoes, going out for "group rides" which often meant just attempting to maintain a compacted surface. But at some point we'd get a big dump, and then it would just be too hard to keep it going for the rest of the season. We'd also go ride groomed XC ski trails, but that sometimes led to conflicts with uptight Nordic types, and the XC trails were honestly pretty boring to ride. But fat biking has become so popular around here now that our local trail organization, which has historically done the winter XC ski grooming, has also taken on grooming some of our singletrack trail network in the winter for biking well. So now I can ride a lot of the same trails I ride in the summer all year-round which is great, and I have groomed options just a mile from my house. And no conflicts with skiiers. The fat scene has come a long way. :thumbsup:

2024012109335143--661036357250561827-L.jpg

Got out just before sunrise today for the ride. 12Ā°, which is 6Ā° warmer than the ride yesterday. This is all I want to do.

Single arm tricep cable pulldown x4
DB hammer curl x 4
2 variations of double tricep cable pulldown x3
Light weight accelerated bicep db curls x3
Bicep bar curls x3
Triceps cable kickbacks x 3
2 variations of lat pulldown x3
Seated leg curl machine x3
Leg press machine x 3
30 mins on the arc.
696AE623-2249-4E43-BA0A-470330DA3266.jpeg
Been in a funk the last week. Boy did this help. Get after guys.

My son and I just finished back day. He woke me up "I want to go to the gym...NOW". Had to stall him long enough for toast and coffee.

It's Jan 21, no missed workouts in 2024.
Hulkamania is still running wild!
The demandments - Train, say you prayers, eat your vitamins and believe in your self. Whatcha gonna do...........
Single arm tricep cable pulldown x4
DB hammer curl x 4
2 variations of double tricep cable pulldown x3
Light weight accelerated bicep db curls x3
Bicep bar curls x3
Triceps cable kickbacks x 3
2 variations of lat pulldown x3
Seated leg curl machine x3
Leg press machine x 3
30 mins on the arc.
View attachment 2465382
Been in a funk the last week. Boy did this help. Get after guys.
I'll like to more about this part of the training regime......
^Make sure to add some Protein to yer tators Jason. Have fun be safe.

Me,,,,,I like Pie šŸ˜
View attachment 2464783
View attachment 2464784

Back