Things you'd like to see out of Redmeadow Knives?

Thermal cycling 3 Coffin handles, a dozen or so pocket blades and a couple oddballs. Sketching up Sgian Dubh's, and about to grind our Camp knives.

20200331_064020-01.jpeg

^Shop-Tarts, heh heh, heh heh
a51.gif

If you guys have any suggestions throw them out there somewhere in the sub or start a thread, no promises but sometimes they'll plant a seed in my noggin like this one did.
Mentioned it before, but my Faro needs a matching dagger! Other than that, hoping something from the stacked leather project strikes my fancy.

Just posted in other thread, bur I’ll post here too. I would love to see a forged fork and knife combo set with a leather sheath or cloth.a picnic set or a camp cook set.

Wheat does a church key look like again? Ok, some sort can opener or bottle opener thing.

Said it before, camping utensils made with a twist in the handle. The gaucho we have seen once and awhile.

A 3.5 inch blade with a four finger grip handle cowbell. And the completed gaucho.

I'm working on a blade somewhat similar to an upscaled cowbell that's roughly 9 1/4" oal with a 4 3/4" blade. Double rows of thin pins, tapered tang and birds head handle. If it comes out as spectacular as it is in my head we'll make it a model.

Looking forward to my pronouns being retired/retiree so I can identify as 'unemployed' later this year. I'd like to have that model (calling it the Arroyo as of now) ready to go by then and we'll get things percolating.

I'm working on a blade somewhat similar to an upscaled cowbell that's roughly 9 1/4" oal with a 4 3/4" blade. Double rows of thin pins, tapered tang and birds head handle. If it comes out as spectacular as it is in my head we'll make it a model.

Looking forward to my pronouns being retired/retiree so I can identify as 'unemployed' later this year. I'd like to have that model (calling it the Arroyo as of now) ready to go by then and we'll get things percolating.
Grew up some on the Central Coast of Calif, (Santa Maria). Strong Spanish/Mexican Californio influence there throughout, names traditions, land of the Missions. Just up the road was a town called Arroyo Grande or Big Hole in the Ground as we jokingly called it. Not quite a literal translation but close.

Grew up some on the Central Coast of Calif, (Santa Maria). Strong Spanish/Mexican Californio influence there throughout, names traditions, land of the Missions. Just up the road was a town called Arroyo Grande or Big Hole in the Ground as we jokingly called it. Not quite a literal translation but close.
We called them a warsh or a gully in AZ. They call them Coulee's in MT (French:rolleyes:). Crik or Crikbed in OH (depending on if there's water or not). Wahddy's is another western one. Arroyo is a fancy southwestern one and sounded like a good name for a knife lol.

Sounds cool. As a variation, maybe offer blades of choice of 4 to 5 inches with that handle. I think I’m just adding a wrench to the works.

I agree on the name! Perfect for a knife. First ranch I owned here in Tehachapi was Rancho de Alta Canada. Canada is another version of a hole in the ground. Pronounced can yada. My understanding is a canyon doesn’t always have to have water in the bottom same as an arroyo. But a canada (squiggly over the n), does have water. So the old place was Upper Water Canyon Ranch.

Back